On-line journey company
Journey.com is a global on-line journey company. The web site is owned by Journey.com Group (previously Ctrip.com Worldwide, Ltd. in China), one of many world’s largest on-line journey companies with over 400 million customers worldwide, and likewise the father or mother of Skyscanner.
The location supplies reserving providers for flights, resorts, trains, automobile leases, airport transfers, excursions and attraction tickets, and claims to supply greater than 1.2 million resorts in 200 international locations and areas, in addition to over 2 million flight routes connecting greater than 5,000 cities. Prepare tickets to be used within the UK, Germany, Japan, South Korea, and Mainland China are additionally obtainable for buy on the positioning.
Journey.com is accessible in 19 totally different languages, together with English, Mandarin Chinese language, Japanese, Korean, Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian and Thai, with the cell app additionally that includes Vietnamese and Filipino. It additionally supplies localized English variations for Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Journey.com was acquired by CTrip in October, 2017.
- In February 2018, Journey.com grew to become the primary third-party to promote Korail tickets on-line with the launch of its South Korea rail ticketing service.
- In March 2018, Journey.com partnered with Deutsche Bahn to promote German prepare tickets via its web site and cell app.
- In March 2018, Journey.com launched its automobile leases service, spanning throughout over 6,000 cities.
- In June 2018, airport switch was launched on Journey.com’s Hong Kong and English websites, initially protecting greater than 200 cities in 55 international locations.
- In July 2019, Journey.com expanded the attain of its automobile rental service in 4 main language markets. 
- In December 2019 the web site reported 200% year-on-year development within the automobile leases product vary for the winter vacation season. 
- In September 2019, Journey.com joined the Singapore Tourism Board in a strategic partnership for vacation spot advertising and marketing.
- In 2019, adjoining to its father or mother firm’s 20th anniversary occasion and announcement of its new Journey.com Group identification, Journey.com hosted its inaugural Airline Associate Convention, which introduced collectively over 50 airways.
- In January 2020, Journey.com partnered with British Airways and Iberia on the New Distribution Functionality (NDC) commonplace to supply a extra full stock on the web site. 
Acquisition by Ctrip
CTrip acquired Journey.com in October, 2017. The unique enterprise, constructed by entrepreneurs Travis Katz and Ori Zaltzman, was a journey reserving web site that featured user-generated content material and “predictive intelligence-based know-how.” On the time of acquisition, CTrip reported Journey.com had greater than 60 million customers. The worth of the deal was not disclosed. The Palo Alto-based startup had raised $39 million in funding. Expedia, Redpoint Ventures and Battery Ventures have been among the many traders within the firm, which was based in 2010.
Historical past of Model
Previous to its acquisition by the Journey.com Group in 2017, the Journey.com model had modified fingers a number of instances.
- The area was first bought in 1996 by Journey Software program Techniques, and later bought to TheTrip.com founder Antoine Toffa in 1998 for $5000
- In 1999, Galileo Worldwide bought a 19% stake in Toffa’s Journey.com Inc., and in 2000, acquired the remaining stake of Journey.com for $214.four million in a mix of money and inventory.
- In 2001, Cendant acquired Galileo, and mixed Journey.com with one other acquisition, CheapTickets, to create Journey Community Inc. In 2003, Cendant ceased working the Journey.com area.
- In 2009, Orbitz Worldwide, an organization acquired by Cendant in 2004 for $1.25 billion in money and later cut up right into a separate publicly traded entity, resumed use of the Journey.com model.
- In 2013, Orbitz ceased working the Journey.com web site.
- In 2015, Expedia acquired Orbitz Worldwide, and inherited the Journey.com area.
- In 2016, Gogobot, a journey reserving and analysis firm based by entrepreneurs Travis Katz and Ori Zaltzman in 2010 acquired the Journey.com model from Expedia and rebranded the service as Journey.com.
- In 2017, CTrip acquired Journey.com and repositioned the corporate as a global on-line journey company.
2019 Google Materials Design Award: Universality 
- “Journey.com: About Us”.
- O’Neill, Sean (19 November 2017). “Ctrip Relaunches Journey.com as Its English Language Journey Company Model”. Skift.
- Schaal, Dennis (13 March 2011). “CEO Interview: Ctrip’s Strategic Risk to Expedia, Priceline and Everybody Else”. Skift.
- O’Neill, Sean (31 March 2020). “Journey.com About Us”. Skift.
- O’Neill, Sean (31 March 2020). “Journey.com About Us”. Skift.
- “Ctrip Buys Journey.com for Skyscanner to Improve Native Suggestions”. Skift. November 1, 2017.
- “Ctrip companions with Korean Nationwide Rail Operator Korail” (Press launch). PR Newswire. February 8, 2018.
- “Journey.com indicators strategic settlement with Lodge Shilla (Lodge Shilla Co.,Ltd)” (Press launch). Globe Newswire. July 9, 2019.
- “Ctrip Launches Worldwide Automobile Rental Service on Journey.com” (Press launch). PR Newswire. 5 March 2018.
- “Journey.com Hong Kong Launches Airport Switch Automobile Service” (Press launch). PR Newswire. 5 March 2018.
- “Journey.com rolls out abroad automobile leases in 4 main language markets” (Press launch). PR Newswire. March 8, 2018.
- “Abroad automobile leases expertise increase on Journey.com over winter vacation season” (Press launch). PR Newswire. March 8, 2018.
- “Journey.com companions Singapore Tourism Board on Vacation spot Advertising and marketing plans” (Press launch). Journey.com. September 11, 2019.
- “Journey.com hosts 2019 airline accomplice convention” (Press launch). Nasdaq. October 28, 2019.
- “Journey.com Group collaborate with British Airways and Iberia on NDC Normal” (Press launch). Nasdaq. January 15, 2020.
- “CTrip Group snaps up journey search startup Journey.com”. TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- “Ctrip Buys Journey.com for Skyscanner to Improve Native Suggestions”. Skift. 2017-11-01. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- O’Neill, Sean (31 March 2020). “Journey.com’s Almost Quarter Century Odyssey as a Cannot Lose Journey Area, Proper?”. Skift.
- “Ctrip relaunches Journey.com as its English language journey company model”. Skift. November 1, 2017.
- “2019 Materials Design Award Winners – Library – Google Design”. Google. 10 October 2019.