Canines and cats transported as cargo have to be carried in containers that meet the next security necessities:
- The utmost allowable dimension of a kennel (LxWxH) is 100x68x76 cm (40x27x30 in.). The utmost allowable weight of a kennel (together with the animal) is 72.5 kg (160 lb.).
- Kennels particular to robust breed canine (CR 82) are exempt from the utmost allowable weight of a kennel (together with the animal) as indicated above and would require advance preparations.
- Kennels have to be made from a cloth accepted within the IATA reside animal rules. Kennels have to be made from fibreglass, metallic or inflexible plastic. Kennels with wire roofs are usually not allowed. Kennels with plastic doorways are usually not allowed.
- For non-strong breed animals, the container door have to be constructed of welded or solid metallic of adequate gauge or thickness in order to preclude the animal from bending or distorting the door. Doorways made from plastic materials are usually not allowed.
- Kennels have to be zip tied closed in a number of positions across the door to forestall the animal from escaping the kennel.
- Door hinges and locking pins should lengthen past the horizontal extrusions above and beneath the door opening by not less than 1.6 cm (5/8″).
- If a kennel has wheels, they have to be eliminated or rendered inoperable.
- A most of two animals of comparable dimension as much as 14 kg every, that are used to cohabitation, could also be shipped in the identical container. Animals over that weight should journey individually.
- Feminine cats and canine which are experiencing estrus (in warmth) or are pregnant won’t be accepted for journey.
- The container should permit the animal(s) to face up, flip round, and to lie in pure place.
- Combos of pet species shouldn’t be permitted (i.e., canine/cats).
- No water or meals containers are allowed within the kennel, until it’s in a non-spill container, firmly hooked up to the kennel.
- Ground have to be stable, leak-proof and coated with a layer of absorbent non-consumable bedding materials.
- Kennels should have stable roofs. Kennel roofs could have air flow holes over the entire floor supplied they don’t scale back the integrity or the energy of the roof itself. Kennels with wire, “trap-door” roofs are usually not permitted.
- Robust breeds (6 months or older) reminiscent of these listed beneath would require CR 82 kennels.
- American Bulldog
- Pit-bull (all breeds)
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Caucasian Shepherd
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brasileiro
- Mastiff (all breeds)
- Anatolian Shepherd
- Presa Canario
- Band Canine
- Wolf Canine Hybrids
- American Bully
Robust breed kennels are recognized within the IATA LAR below container requirement 82 (CR82). Robust breed canine recognized within the above record have to be transported in a CR82 kennel after the age of 6 months.
Shippers can have been referred to an IPATA company for steerage on the place to buy CR82 kennels. Selfmade CR82 kennels are usually not permitted.
The shipper should present proof of age for robust breed canine below the age of 6 months for them to be accepted in an ordinary kennel (CR1). Veterinary documentation have to be used as proof of age.