The course goals to clarify the operate of policy-making and planning in tourism by offering key ideas of tourism economics and governance of vacationer locations, and evaluating and contrasting completely different nationwide approaches of vacationer insurance policies. By the tip of the course, college students ought to have the ability to apply the essential instruments of tourism coverage and planning to a wide range of worldwide vacationer locations in addition to to analyse conditions and consider possible options.
1. Tourism Planning (Prof. Alireza Naghavi – From 18 September to three October 2019)
– Introduction to Tourism Planning (Wednesday 18 September 2019)
– Tourism Demand (Thursday 19 September 2019)
– Lengthy-run strategic growth (Wednesday 25 September 2019)
– Info Coordination (Thursday 26 September 2019)
– Vacation spot Market Organizations (Wednesday 2 October 2019)
– Pricing (Thursday Three October 2019)
2. Tourism Coverage (Prof. Paolo Figini – From 10 October to five December 2019)
– Introduction to Tourism Coverage: objectives and devices of financial insurance policies (Thursday 10 and Wednesday 16 October 2019)
– The supply of Public items in tourism (Thursday 17 and Wednesday 23 October 2019)
– Taxation in tourism (Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 November 2019)
– Externalities in tourism (Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 November 2019)
– Environmental and Social sustainability of tourism (Wednesday four and Thursday 5 December 2019)
3. Nation Case Research on Tourism Coverage and Planning (Prof. Alireza Naghavi – 20/21 November and 11/12 December 2019)
G. Candela and P. Figini, “The Economics of Tourism Locations”, Springer, 2012.
Throughout the 60 educating hours, respective arguments shall be confronted within the order indicated in this system. After introducing the underlying concept behind the matters lined, presentation of nation case research, related workout routines shall be carried out.
The course will embrace workout routines (15%), group venture presentation (35%), a last examination (50%).
Lectures, workout routines, displays.
See the web site of
Alireza Jay Naghavi
See the web site of