The Journey to Italy is a 2014 British comedy movie written and directed by Michael Winterbottom. It’s the sequel of Winterbottom’s TV collection The Journey, and equally stars Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as fictionalized variations of themselves. The movie had its world premiere on the 2014 Sundance Movie Competition on 20 January 2014. Following the premiere, a second TV collection, additionally titled The Journey to Italy, was broadcast on BBC Two.
Rob has been commissioned by a newspaper to go on a highway journey by means of Italy from Piedmont to Capri, partly following within the footsteps of the nice Romantic poets. Steve joins him, and as they journey by means of the gorgeous Italian countryside, they discuss life, love and their careers.
Overview aggregator Rotten Tomatoes stories that 86% of 104 movie critics have given the movie a constructive evaluate, with a score common of 8.2/10. The location’s crucial consensus reads, “Whereas maybe not fairly as recent as Coogan and Brydon’s unique voyage in The Journey, The Journey to Italy nonetheless proves a totally agreeable sequel.”
Scott Foundas of Selection, stated in his evaluate that “Coogan, Brydon and Winterbottom journey to the Mediterranean on this warmly gratifying continuation of their improvised cultural and culinary adventures.” William Goss of Movie.com gave the movie a typically constructive evaluate, saying that it’s “loads gratifying for followers of the primary one and these two”, whereas noting that “by the top, it additionally has the consistency of reheated consolation meals.” Amber Wilkinson of The Each day Telegraph gave the movie a B, saying that “Their improvisation has been honed to the purpose the place the jokes land solidly with out dropping naturalism and the pair of them are clearly having fun with la dolce vita”.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (June 24, 2013). “IFC Movies Lands U.S. Rights To Michael Winterbottom-Helmed ‘The Journey To Italy‘“. Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Smith, Nigel M. (June 24, 2013). “IFC Movies Re-Groups With Michael Winterbottom For a Sequel to ‘The Journey’ Starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon”. IndieWire. indiewire.com. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- “The Journey to Italy (2014)”. The Numbers. Retrieved four September 2017.
- “Sundance 2014: Premieres”. IndieWire. indiewire.com. January 10, 2014. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- “Sundance: No One From The Darkish Knight Rises Is Secure From Coogan and Brydon in The Journey to Italy”. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Aroesti, Rachel (April 25, 2014). “Have you ever been watching … The Journey to Italy?”. The Guardian. theguardian.com. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- “The Journey To Italy (2014)”. Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved Might 5, 2014.
- Foundas, Scott (January 21, 2014). “Sundance Movie Overview: ‘The Journey to Italy‘“. Selection. selection.com. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Goss, William (January 24, 2014). “Sundance Overview: ‘The Journey to Italy‘“. Movie.com. Archived from the unique on December 16, 2014. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- Wilkinson, Amber (January 22, 2014). “Sundance 2014: The Journey to Italy, evaluate”. Telegraph. telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved April 14, 2014.