American pop punk band
The Dollyrots are an American punk rock band fashioned in 2000, composed of spouse Kelly Ogden (bass, lead vocals) and husband Luis Cabezas (guitar, backing vocals). They’ve launched six studio albums and are at present underneath their very own label, Arrested Youth Information. They’ve performed over 1,000 reside reveals all through their profession,[Primary 1] and have launched albums underneath Panic Button (a part of Lookout! Information), Joan Jett’s Blackheart Information, Little Steven’s Depraved Cool Information and their very own label, Arrested Youth. Their 2017 album Whiplash Splash achieved a #13 chart debut on Billboard Journal’s Heatseekers Chart, which follows a #7 chart place for his or her 2014 LP Barefoot and Pregnant.[Primary 2]
Bassist/lead vocalist Kelly Ogden and guitarist Luis Cabezas have recognized one another since assembly within the eighth grade in Land o’ Lakes, Florida. They each attended New School of Florida the place they fashioned a band known as No Chef with mates Josh Harrold and Mike Benbow. Ogden and Cabezas performed the guitar whereas Harrold was the bassist/lead vocalist and Benbow was the drummer. Cabezas described the subject material of their songs as being “about ninjas, zombies and Charles Manson.”
After being disillusioned with the outcomes of the 2000 United States presidential election,[Primary 3] Ogden and Cabezas determined to make the band full-time.
As Ogden recollects:
We had been watching the 2000 presidential election outcomes, and at 4 o’clock within the morning, once we discovered that George W. Bush had received, Luis and I had been like, “The world’s most likely gonna finish anyway, and I do not wish to go to med faculty,” so we thought, “Let’s simply do the band,” says Ogden. “In order that’s when it occurred. We had no future in any case, so let’s simply be in a rock band!”[Primary 3]
Josh Harrold didn’t wish to grow to be a full-time musician so left the band. Ogden took over his duties on bass and lead vocals. Mike Benbow left and was changed by Frank Beasley. The band then modified their title to The Dollyrots. The band left Florida and visited varied cities throughout the USA, lastly settling in Los Angeles in January, 2002. Ogden described Los Angeles as having “every thing we wanted—file labels, venues, different bands. It appeared like the proper place.” Beasley left the band and was changed by Josh Valenti.
Eat My Coronary heart Out and Panic Button/Lookout! Information
In 2003 the band self-recorded and launched an EP Feed Me, Pet Me. Responding to a blind audition name The Dollyrots had been chosen to look in a Hewlett-Packard commercial that includes the track “Feed Me, Pet Me” which led to signing a publishing cope with Windswept-Pacific (later acquired by BMG). After assembly producer John Fields on the business recording session the band recorded their debut studio album Eat My Coronary heart Out quickly thereafter at Capitol Studio B with Fields on the helm. Initially self-released, the album was put into rotation on L.A.’s Indie 103.1 together with spins on Rodney Bingenheimer’s present on KROQ. This attracted the eye of labels, and in the end The Dollyrots signed a cope with Panic Button (underneath Lookout! Information) in July 2004 to broadly launch Eat My Coronary heart Out. Josh Valenti left in early 2004, changed by Amy Wooden of Get Set Go. Eat My Coronary heart Out was launched by Panic Button/Lookout! Information on September 28, 2004.
The Dollyrots spent the vast majority of 2004-2006 touring the U.S., headlining dates and taking part in alongside Groovie Ghoulies, Shonen Knife, The Breeders, The Queers, Soul Asylum, Paramore, Bang Sugar Bang, The Soviettes, The Shocker, and Teenage Bottlerocket whereas additionally taking part in the Lookout Information 2005 CMJ showcase.
The band co-starred and performed two songs within the “Caught On You” episode of CSI: NY in February 2006, with Ogden taking part in a task involving a homicide dedicated with a bass guitar.
Blackheart Information and As a result of I am Superior
The band began work on their second album at Seedy Underbelly Studios in Los Angeles with producer Jacques Wait in February 2006 however had been compelled to discover a new label as a result of issues with Lookout Information. Kelly Ogden acknowledged: “We began recording after which had every thing prepared. Then Lookout went out of enterprise for all intents and functions. That they had troubles with Inexperienced Day and monetary issues, and they also just about advised all of us that we needed to go discover a new label.” This assortment of songs, on the time titled Extra Biting Please, was by no means launched though a number of tracks had been finally included on the following album.
The band reentered the studio in Spring 2006 and completed what would grow to be As a result of I am Superior at The Doghouse Studio with John Fields as producer. Whereas on Vans Warped Tour later that summer time Ogden gave a replica of the band’s self-released EP Love and Revolt to Joan Jett, the co-founder of Blackheart Information who had taken a liking to the band whereas on the tour. Ogden additionally gave copies of the disc to NOFX’s Fats Mike and Laura Jane Grace of Towards Me! however didn’t obtain a response. Drummer Amy Wooden left the band shortly thereafter. Wooden prompt that Ogden and Cabezas ask mutual good friend Chris Black to exchange her. With the album already tracked and blended, Blackheart contacted the band just a few weeks later and signed The Dollyrots in December 2006.
Their second album, As a result of I am Superior, was launched on March 13, 2007 by means of Blackheart Information and coincided with an look at South By Southwest the place the band performed “I Love Rock & Roll” on stage with Jett. A evaluation within the webzine PopMatters famous that “the Dollyrots’ sound is identical because it ever was, with intelligent, catchy lyrics working round a observe of simple, chugging pop-punk” whereas the title observe was described with the phrases “A success track is what separates one band from 1000’s of others. The Dollyrots gained acclaim with their track ‘As a result of I am Superior’. It is an applicable tune for the sardonic pop punk band from Los Angeles to realize entry onto music’s nationwide stage.” (Tim Parsons, Tahoe Day by day Tribune, 2008). “As a result of I am Superior” went on to be featured in a Kohl’s business throughout the fall of 2007 the place the band made an look, with the premise of inspiring youngsters to choose up devices and begin a band. The Dollyrots appeared as themselves on the ABC Household TV present Greek, taking part in “As a result of I am Superior” on display screen within the “A number of Selection” episode. The band additionally guested on Fuse TV’s The Sauce and launched into an extended sequence of reside reveals all through the US together with Los Angeles Pleasure, Hudson River Rocks, the Del Mar Truthful, and Warped Tour. The band opened for Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Adolescents, The Methadones, Peelander-Z, and labelmates The Vacancies throughout this time.
2008 noticed the band proceed to tour the US extensively, opening for TheStart, Shonen Knife and Paramore whereas as soon as once more taking part in Warped Tour together with Summerfest and the BMI showcase at South by Southwest. The band additionally recorded a canopy of Joan Jett’s “Unhealthy Popularity” with John Fields for the Countless Bummer film soundtrack.
A Little Messed Up
In January 2009 the band started pre-production with producer Chris Testa for his or her third album, A Little Messed Up. Nearly all of the album was recorded between March–June 2009 in Los Angeles at Stagg Avenue Studios and featured Chris Black and Amy Wooden on drums. It marked the primary time Cabezas assumed manufacturing and recording duties, contributing components to most of the tracks. Kim Shattuck from The Muffs sang backup vocals on the track “Some Women”.
A Little Messed Up was the band’s third album, and the second to be launched on Blackheart Information. Along with Testa and Cabezas the album featured mixing and manufacturing by Sylvia Massy and Fred Archambault together with co-writes by Evan Frankfort, Dave Bassett, and Tina Parol.
The Dollyrots toured with The Motion Design within the Western U.S. in Could 2009 and on their very own all through the remainder of the nation for the remainder of the 12 months. These dates included help slots for The Donnas, Kay Hanley, and The Muffs together with appearances at South by Southwest, Women Rock Camp, and Lengthy Seashore Pleasure.
Having met comic and TV host Drew Carey in late 2009 when Chris Black appeared on the present as a performing drummer, The Dollyrots had been invited to debut their Matt Wallace produced 7 inch single “California Seashore Boy” with a function efficiency throughout the Showcase Showdown on the CBS sport present The Value Is Proper airing on January 15, 2010.
The band supported Bowling For Soup’s Japanese and Texas U.S. dates in mid 2010 and had been chosen to open for Buzzcocks on their 22 date North American tour in Could/June 2010.
After some delays A Little Messed Up was launched by Blackheart on August 17, 2010. The album gained favorable evaluations, with AbsolutePunk calling it a “Blow Pop of flavors with a crunchy, delectable casing of pop-punk and a coronary heart of bubble gum poppy lyrics.” This was adopted by supporting a reunited Screeching Weasel in Los Angeles on September 19, 2010 at Membership Nokia and opening for Bowling for Soup on their Simply Cannot Get Rid of Us UK tour in October 2010.
The band was introduced with an award for “Finest New Breakout Band” by the American Society of Younger Musicians in Los Angeles on October 27, 2010.
After a headlining early 2011 U.S. tour the band went on to help Bowling For Soup on their Spring 2011 U.S. tour and performed six dates supporting The Go-Go’s on their Girls Gone Wild Tour in Could/June. In August, they once more supported Bowling For Soup on a West US tour and performed a handful of dates on the Vans Warped Tour.
A video for the only Rollercoaster made its debut throughout a present at The Troubadour in Los Angeles and was launched on April 25, 2011.[Youtube 1]
The Dollyrots left Blackheart Information in July 2011 with the intention of building their very own label to launch future work.
The Arrested Youth EP
On August 9, 2011 the band launched an EP, Arrested Youth, on their very own label, Arrested Youth Information. The EP was produced by American hip-hop producer Neal Pogue and marked a departure for the band stylistically and, based on Ogden, had “a rawer sound”.
The Dollyrots determined that their subsequent album would even be launched on their very own file label. On September 12, 2011, the band launched a crowdsourcing marketing campaign on Kickstarter[Primary 4] to boost cash for the manufacturing and launch of the album through which they obtained their objective inside in the future and went on a month later to make virtually 5 instances the objective of cash raised, supported totally by followers. The album was produced and recorded by longtime collaborator John Fields with important engineering contributions by Cabezas and featured co-writes with Kay Hanley and Martin Harrington.
On November 30, 2011, it was introduced drummer Chris Black was parting methods with the band after 5 years, making him the longest Dollyrots member to carry that title.[Primary 5] In a YouTube video on December 11, 2011, Kelly launched Alicia Warrington because the band’s new drummer.[Youtube 2]
In Could 2012 the band’s track “As a result of I am Superior” appeared within the TV trailer for Disney’s Courageous.
In June 2012 The Dollyrots contributed a brand new track, “Tremendous Mega Ultraviolet” to the compilation Crappy Information Presents: Have A Crappy Summer time. The album additionally featured songs by Bowling For Soup, Nerf Herder, Allstar Weekend and MC Lars.
In August 2012, Ogden revealed that Warrington had left to drum full-time for singer Chris Rene. The Dollyrots launched their self-titled album, The Dollyrots, on September 18, 2012 as a duo together with a music video for the primary single “Hyperactive”. The band launched the discharge with reveals at The Troubadour and Bootleg Theatre in Los Angeles and an IAMA on Reddit.
For his or her forthcoming tour of the united stateswith Prima Donna and U.Okay tour supporting Bowling For Soup the band enlisted drummer James Carman from the band The Pictures. Previous to the tour the band entered the studio with producer Linus of Hollywood to file three songs for One Huge Comfortable, a break up album that includes The Dollyrots, Bowling For Soup, and Patent Pending.
In November 2014 The Dollyrots had been requested to create a theme track for The CW present Gallery Mallory. The ensuing intro track was described as “catchy as hell and suits the present completely”. The present debuted on CW seed in October 2013 and renamed Very Mallory.
Following in depth touring and appearances at each the 2013 Winter NAMM and South by Southwest Music Convention and band revealed Ogden’s being pregnant by means of a YouTube video.[Youtube 3]
Barefoot and Pregnant and the delivery of River
The Dollyrots launched a PledgeMusic crowdsourcing mission[Primary 6] for his or her fifth studio album on September 19, 2013. The hassle, later titled Barefoot and Pregnant, was written and recorded whereas Ogden was pregnant. Once more enlisting John Fields to co-produce and blend, it was primarily tracked by Cabezas on the band’s dwelling studio. “The album known as ‘Barefoot and Pregnant,’ as a result of that is what I used to be,” Ogden mentioned. “We wrote and recorded virtually your entire album in our bed room whereas I used to be pregnant. It was wonderful and attempting and loopy at instances, but it surely positively pushed us to be taught new issues and carry out another way.”Stacy Jones of Letters to Cleo and Miley Cyrus supplied drums for eleven of the tracks, whereas former drummer Amy Wooden contributed to the remaining two.
Regardless of Ogden’s being pregnant The Dollyrots performed a brief acoustic set at The Satellite tv for pc in Los Angeles on August 8, 2013 to have a good time the premier of In Heaven There Is No Beer, a movie starring the duo and documenting the “Kiss Or Kill” native rock scene the band emerged from a number of years prior.
The couple’s first little one, River Ogden Cabezas, was born November 25, 2013 in Los Angeles. Cabezas and Ogden introduced the delivery on Instagram.[Primary 7]
The band launched a digital-only acoustic album Love Songs, Werewolves, & Zombies completely to Pledgemusic supporters in late 2013. A public CD launch adopted in early 2014.
Barefoot and Pregnant was launched by means of the band’s personal label on February 18, 2014 with a #7 debut on Billboard Journal’s Heatseekers Chart. Popmatters gave the album 7/10 stars, describing it as having “extra selection and nuance right here than ever earlier than; jokey hardcore runs seamlessly into mid-tempo stomps and bad-girl anthems, all powered by Luis Cabezas’ satisfyingly fuzzy guitars and delivered with an economic system that will have made Dee Dee and the boys proud.” The Dollyrots adopted up the discharge with a West Coast run supporting Black Flag, an look at South-By-Southwest, and extra headlining dates by means of 2014. Little Steven’s Underground Storage named lead single “Come And Get It” the Coolest Tune In The World for the week of April 13, 2014. Aixa Vilar from Go Betty Go performed drums on these dates.
In August 2014 Kelly Ogden started a private weblog detailing her experiences as a mom in a rock band. The main focus of the weblog is the distinctive experiences confronted when bringing a toddler on the street and elevating a baby as working musicians.
On July 28, 2014 The Dollyrots introduced an October UK tour supporting Buzzcocks. Drummer Mickey Richards of Individuals on Trip joined the band for this 3-week run.
The music video for single “Get Bizarre” reached #1 on Diffuser.fm’s Prime Ten Video Countdown on December 24, 2014.
Dwell In The USA PledgeMusic Marketing campaign and U.S./U.Okay. excursions
Following an early 2015 solo U.S. West Coast run, the band introduced a full U.S. tour with Bowling For Soup and PledgeMusic marketing campaign to create their first reside live performance album and movie tentatively titled Dwell Within the USA.
On July 29, 2015 The Dollyrots had been introduced as fundamental help for Bowling For Soup’s How About One other Spherical 2016 UK tour.
Dwell within the USA was retitled Household Trip: Dwell in Los Angeles and filmed as a single live performance movie on the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood on September 19, 2015. The ensuing 40 minute movie was directed by Ian MacLeod and options cameos by former Dollyrots band members, most notably, drummer Chris Black and Bowling For Soup’s Jaret Reddick. The live performance’s audio was recorded multi-track for the aim of releasing as a reside album, engineered by Cabezas and later edited, blended, and mastered by Linus of Hollywood, Jay Ruston, and Paul Logus. Following a profitable PledgeMusic Marketing campaign whereby the band exceeded over 150% of their preliminary objective[Primary 8] The Dollyrots signed with MVD Leisure Group to distribute the 2-disc CD/DVD set.
Later in 2015 the band supplied fundamental help for Lita Ford on the Northern California Ladies’s Music Pageant and appeared on the 2015 FEST in Gainesville, Florida.
The Mama’s Gonna Knock You Out EP
The Dollyrots recorded the 3-song Mama’s Gonna Knock You Out EP in Van Nuys, California with longtime producer John Fields in October 2016. The EP was launched January 29, 2016 each digitally and on CD to coincide with the start of the “How About One other Spherical” UK tour.
Household Trip: Dwell in Los Angeles
Following a February 2016 tour of the UK The Dollyrots launched their first ever live performance movie and companion reside album, Household Trip: Dwell in Los Angeles on March 11, 2016. The double-disc set reached #15 on Billboard Journal’s Heatseekers Chart in its first week of gross sales.[Primary 9] Punk Information rated the album Four out of 5 stars and made it a “Workers Decide”, writing “The Dollyrots not solely accomplish every thing they did within the studio, they take it to the following stage” and that the live performance movie and audio album “each not solely work in standalone kind, they work even higher as complementary items.”
Whiplash Splash 
Whereas anticipating their second little one in November 2016, Kelly and Luis began one other PledgeMusic marketing campaign to boost funds to file their sixth studio album. They returned to the studio with producer John Fields in early September to file Whiplash Splash. Kelly gave delivery to Daisy Moon Cabezas on November 15, 2016.
Whiplash Splash was launched on March 24, 2017 and reached quantity 13 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart,[Primary 10] with PledgeMusic supporters getting a digital obtain of it on February 24, 2017.[Primary 11] A tour to advertise Whiplash Splash, with The Two Tens as supporting act, began in Chicago on March 16, 2017.
Rikki Styxx (spouse of drummer Dusty Watson) drummed with The Dollyrots from the autumn of 2014 till Could 2018.
The band has launched a variety of cowl singles, together with “Punk Rock Women” by The Queers, “Let’s Turkey Trot” by Little Eva, “Dream Lover” by Bobby Darin, and “Comfortable Collectively” by The Turtles. The Dollyrots recorded a canopy of the track “There’s A Barbarian within the Again Of My Automobile” by Voice of the Beehive for Snake Oil Supercharm, a 2003 tribute album to Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Response. The band recorded a model of “Santa Child” for the 2009 album A Blackheart Christmas and likewise recorded a canopy of “Unhealthy Popularity” by Joan Jett for the movie Countless Bummer. In July 2011 the band introduced that they’d be teaming up with Bowling For Soup to launch a break up 7″.The Dollyrots vs. Bowling for Soup 7″ featured each bands overlaying one of many others songs. The band additionally launched a model of “Come Out And Play (Preserve ‘Em Separated)” by The Offspring with Jaret Reddick from Bowling For Soup on visitor vocals. The Offspring’s Noodles described it’s “very cool” and that the band was “really honored.” On Four October 2017, two days after the demise of Tom Petty, the band launched a canopy of “American Lady” with all proceeds going to Midnight Mission, a corporation that each they and Petty had supported.[Primary 12]
Makes use of in media
Songs by the Dollyrots have been utilized in movies, TV reveals, and commercials.
- “As a result of I am Superior” was utilized in The Sisterhood of the Touring Pants 2, within the trailer for Deliver It On: Battle to the End,Kill Velocity, and Image This. The track has been featured on a variety of tv reveals, together with ABC’s Ugly Betty,ABC Household’s Greek (the place they appeared as themselves),Oxygen’s Unhealthy Women Street Journey and the CW’s Reaper (in addition to a number of different songs). The track was featured for a month as a “Hip Clipz” on the web site of Curly Grrlz Skateboards. The track was featured in a back-to-school business for the Kohl’s division retailer chain. It additionally appeared within the official “Vancouver 2010” online game for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.
- “Watch Me Go (Kissed Me, Killed Me)” was featured on the E! present The Easy Life.
- The Dollyrots cowl of “Model New Key” was used on the Fox sitcom Elevating Hope.
- The Dollyrots cowl of the Joan Jett traditional “Unhealthy Popularity” was used within the Nationwide Lampoon film Countless Bummer. It was additionally used within the movies Straightforward A and Barely Deadly.
- “Feed Me, Pet Me” was utilized in a 2003 Hewlett-Packard advert marketing campaign through which the band additionally appeared with drummer Josh Valenti.[Youtube 4]
- “Kick Me to the Curb” and “Goodnight Tonight” had been featured on the CSI: NY episode “Caught on You”, through which the band visitor starred as members of the fictional indie band Tough Sects. Within the episode, Kelly Ogden performed Stephanie O’Dell, the bassist of Tough Sects.
- The band seem as themselves within the movie Girltrash: All Night time Lengthy. Their track “Pour Tous Jours” can be carried out within the movie.
- The band has additionally lent their music to The Mental Saviors Podcast discovered on theintellectualsaviors.podbean.com and iTunes, the place in addition they appeared on Episode 10.
- “Hyperactive” was featured in Episode 1 of The Problem: Rivals II.
- “Come And Get It” was featured in Episode Four of The Problem: Free Brokers.
- “Metropolis of Angels” was featured in Season 1, Episode Four of Dickinson (TV sequence).
The Dollyrots are endorsed by Gibson Guitars, Mesa-Boogie, Monster Professional Audio, Sennheiser, Daisy Rock Lady Guitars, Clayton Picks, and Iron Fist Clothes.
|Album||Launch Date||Document Charts||Label|
|Eat My Coronary heart Out||September 14, 2004||Lookout!|
|As a result of I am Superior||March 13, 2007||Blackheart|
|A Little Messed Up||August 17, 2010||Blackheart|
|The Dollyrots||September 18, 2012||Arrested Youth|
|Barefoot and Pregnant||February 18, 2014||#7 Billboard Heatseekers||Arrested Youth|
|Love Songs, Werewolves, & Zombies||February 25, 2014||Arrested Youth|
|Household Trip: Dwell in Los Angeles ||March 11, 2016||#15 Billboard Heatseekers||Arrested Youth|
|Whiplash Splash ||March 24, 2017||#13 Billboard Heatseekers||Arrested Youth|
|Daydream Explosion ||July 12, 2019||#7 Billboard Heatseekers||Depraved Cool Information|
Break up albums
- “Kick Me to the Curb” (2004)
- “New School” (2004)
- “As a result of I am Superior” (August 27, 2007)
- “Model New Key” (2007)
- “My Finest Buddy’s Sizzling” (April 15, 2008)
- “California Seashore Boy” (2010)
- “Santa Child” (2010)
- “Rollercoaster” (April 26, 2011)[Primary 13]
- “Taking part in with Hearth” 2011
- “Hyperactive” (2013)
- “Satellite tv for pc” (2013)
- “Twist Me To The Left” (2013)
- “Get Bizarre” (2014)
- “Come and Get It” (2014)
- “Save Me” (2016)
- “Dance Like A Maniac” (2017)
- “Babbling Fool” (2017)
- “Simply As a result of I am Blonde” (2017)
- “Get Radical” (2018)
- “Every little thing” (2019)
- “Promised Name” 2005
- “Watch Me Go (Kissed Me, Killed Me)” 2007
- “Messed Up Christmas” (2010)
- “As a result of I am Santa” (Christmas cowl of “As a result of I am Superior) (2012)
- “I Noticed Mommy Biting Santa Claus” (2013)
- “Let’s Turkey Trot” (2014)
- “Run Run Rudolph” (2015)
- “All I Need for Christmas” 2016
- “Final Christmas” (2017)
- Different movies
- Stranded In Stereo (quantity 5) – contains “As a result of I am Superior”
- “The Dollyrots – Rollercoaster”. YouTube. April 23, 2014. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Dollyrots December 2011 Replace”. The Dollyrots. Retrieved December 12, 2011.
- “The Dollyrots – Our BIG Announcement”. The Dollyrots. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- “YouTube”. youtube. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Kick Me To The Curb (HQ)”. YouTube. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – “New School” Panic Button Information”. YouTube. Could 4, 2007. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – As a result of I am Superior (Official Music Video)”. YouTube. April 20, 2011. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Model New Key (Official Music Video)”. YouTube. April 20, 2011. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots Out of LA”. YouTube. September 11, 2008. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Rollercoaster”. YouTube. April 25, 2011. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Taking part in With Hearth”. YouTube. July 26, 2011. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “Hyperactive”. YouTube. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Satellite tv for pc”. YouTube. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Twist Me To The Left”. YouTube. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Beginning Over Once more”. YouTube. October 8, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – I Noticed Mommy Biting Santa Claus”. YouTube. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Hyperactive (Acoustic)”. YouTube. December 28, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Barefoot and Pregnant”. YouTube. February 17, 2014. Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Get Bizarre”. YouTube. February 17, 2014. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – “Animal““. YouTube. September 12, 2019. Retrieved December 18, 2019.
- “The Dollyrots – HP Advert – “Feed Me, Pet Me““. YouTube. April 29, 2006. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – Messed Up Xmas”. YouTube. December 14, 2010. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots – As a result of I am Santa”. YouTube. December 4, 2012. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “Love ya Love ya Love ya”. YouTube. February 14, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “Anarchy and Disney”. YouTube. August 14, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- “Tour”. The Dollyrots. June 20, 2014. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Posted at 12:26h. “Barefoot And Pregnant hits the Billboard Charts in its first week!!!”. The Dollyrots. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Blackheart Information”. Blackheart.com. March 13, 2007. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- “The Dollyrots :: New Full Size Album is GO!”. Kickstarter. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- “Ends & Beginnings…” The Dollyrots. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- “The Dollyrots: Our New Album! on PledgeMusic”. Pledgemusic.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Instagram”. Instagram. November 26, 2013. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “The Dollyrots: Dwell within the USA! Live performance DVD & CD on PledgeMusic”. Pledgemusic.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Posted at 23:52h. ““Household Trip” Debuts at #15 on Billboard!”. The Dollyrots. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Whiplash Splash”. bandcamp.com. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- “Pledger-Solely Album Obtain! TOMORROW 10am!”. pledgemusic.com. February 23, 2017. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- “The Dollyrots on Twitter: “Recorded a canopy of @tompetty’s #AmericanGirl, it is a pay-what-u-want obtain, ALL proceeds go to @midnightmission!““. Twitter.com. Retrieved October 4, 2017.
- “Rollercoaster video is up!”. The Dollyrots. Retrieved April 26, 2011.
- “Heatseekers Albums: Up and Coming Musicians Chart”. Billboard. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Dollyrots’s Luis Cabezas”. lunaguitars.com. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- “The Dollyrots”. Punk rockers. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- “Dollyrots full size out in September on Panic Button”. Punknews.org. August 25, 2004. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- “Caught on You”. February 1, 2006. Retrieved November 25, 2016 – through IMDb.
- Carolina (February 20, 2006). “Dollyrots Lead Singer Describes ‘New York’ Expertise”. CSI Information. Retrieved March 15, 2020.
- “Interview with The Dollyrots’ Kelly Ogden”. Austin sound test. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Fadroski, Kelli Skye (February 1, 2007). “The Dollyrots get round”. The Orange County Register. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- Kremkau, Bryan (December 16, 2006). “The Dollyrots signal to Blackheart Information”. Learn Junk. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Cooper, Lana. “The Dollyrots: As a result of I am Superior”. PopMatters.
- Parsons, Tim (October 22, 2008). “Dollyrots play quick, may go fairly far”. Tahoe Day by day Tribune. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Parsons, Tim (October 23, 2008). “Dollyrots play quick, may go fairly far”. Tahoe Day by day Tribune. Lake Tahoe. Retrieved March 7, 2011.
The track repeated final fall on a business for clothes retailer Kohl’s. It additionally appeared on the tv applications “Ugly Betty,” “Greek,” “Image This,” “Unhealthy Women Street Journey” and “Reaper.”
- “The Dollyrots On The Value Is Proper”. ~ Picksysticks. January 15, 2010. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “The Dollyrots To Tour With The Buzzcocks”. pluginmusic.com. April 29, 2010. Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- “refrain.fm”. absolutepunk.internet. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Billy Ray Cyrus Amongst American Society of Younger Musicians Honorees – Tim Third’s weblog”. Xfactorwebsite.typepad.com. October 21, 2010. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Ken (August 3, 2011). “THE DOLLYROTS ANNOUNCE SUMMER TOUR/SPLIT 7″ WITH BOWLING FOR SOUP/NEW EP”. HighWire Daze. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Ken (September 19, 2011). “THE DOLLYROTS GO INDEPENDENT – SURPASS ALBUM FUNDRAISING GOAL THROUGH FAN PLEDGES”. HighWire Daze. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Tanamor, Jason (August 2012). “Kelly Ogden of The Dollyrots Talks Kickstarter, New Album and Spinal Faucet”. Zoiks! On-line. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- “Music: The Dollyrots: “Hyperactive““. Punknews.org. September 18, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Photographs from Nerf Herder, Tsar, and Dollyrots”. The Scene Report. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- John Blabber (August 16, 2013). “Shorts Assessment: Gallery Mallory ‘Justin Hartley’ on @CWSeed – Bubbleblabber”. Bubbleblabber.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- BJ Lisko. “Barefoot, pregnant, superior: Dollyrots modify to household life in rock ‘n’ roll – Leisure – The Repository – Canton, OH”. Cantonrep.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Kevin Bronson on August eighth, 2013 (August 8, 2013). “Tonight in L.A.: Lorde, Hanni El Khatib, the Heavy, Sierra Leone’s Refugee All-Stars, the Veils, Whiskey Shivers, ‘Kiss or Kill’ reunion –”. Buzzbands.la. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “The Dollyrots: Barefoot and Pregnant”. PopMatters. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Diffuser Prime 10 Video Countdown: Dollyrots Take the Prime Spot”. Diffuser.fm. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- 2:26 pm March 3, 2015 (March 3, 2015). “The Dollyrots Announce Tour Dates with Bowling For Soup”. New Noise Journal. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- By Emily (July 30, 2015). “Bowling For Soup Verify UK Tour Help”. Kerrang!. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “NameBright – Coming Quickly”. Theimpalerspeaks.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Household Trip: Dwell in Los Angeles – The Dollyrots | Credit”. AllMusic. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “The Dollyrots – Household Trip: Dwell In Los Angeles – MVD Leisure Group B2B”. Musicvideodistributors.com. Archived from the unique on April 4, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- by RingMaster. “The Dollyrots – Mama’s Gonna Knock You Out EP « The RingMaster Assessment”. Ringmasterreviewintroduces.wordpress.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Wierzbicki, Kevin (January 30, 2016). “The Dollyrots: ‘Mama’s Gonna Knock You Out’ arrives, reside DVD on the best way”. AXS. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Bowling For Soup / The Dollyrots / MC Lars (and Lacey) – Glasgow O2 Academy, Feb 1st 2016 – The Moshville Instances”. Moshville.co.uk. February 1, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- David Farrell (February 24, 2016). “The Dollyrots – “Household Trip” – Dwell CD/DVD Double Launch”. PlanetMosh. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “The Dollyrots – Household Trip: Dwell In Los Angeles”. Punknews.org. March 24, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “The Dollyrots at Reggie’s Rock Membership”. reggieslive.com. March 16, 2017. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- Faulkner, Cole (July 11, 2011). “Bowling 4 Soup And The Dollyrots Announce 7″ Break up”. thepunksite.com. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- “Mad Mad Noodles on Twitter: “@mikehb681 Very cool. @TheDollyrots““. Twitter.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- “Mad Mad Noodles on Twitter: “@TheDollyrots We’re really honored. Thanks.““. Twitter.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Balde, Lisa (March 1, 2008). “The Dollyrots frontlady rocks cowgirl boots and ’80s wedding ceremony attire as a result of she’s superior”. Venus Zine. Archived from the unique on July 17, 2011.
- “Countless Bummer: Unique Movement Image Soundtrack: Music”. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- Scire, Daybreak E. (February 17, 2006). “Former Sarasota band on ‘CSI: NY‘“. Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Sarasota, FL. Retrieved March 7, 2011.
- Quina, Matt (April 3, 2018). “The Dollyrots Get Rah! Rah! Radical on the Hello Hat”. screamermagazine.com. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- Dyroff, Denny (August 7, 2018). “On Stage: Wild Rivers flows into Eagleview”. The unionville Instances. Retrieved April 4, 2019.
- “Previous Volumes”. Stranded In Stereo. Retrieved April 25, 2011.