- New SA airline Raise is now promoting tickets for flights from 10 December – with plenty of seats accessible over the festive season.
- Its three planes will fly from Johannesburg to Cape City and George.
- You will pay an additional R250 for 2 baggage, and R70 if you happen to prefer to stretch.
- Flights from Cape City and George aren’t too badly priced – however if you happen to’re flying from OR Tambo for the week between Christmas and New Yr, put together to pay effectively over R4,000 return.
- For extra tales go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
South Africa’s new airline, Raise, is now promoting tickets – and so they aren’t essentially low-cost, a value verify by Enterprise Insider South Africa discovered.
Raise is because of begin flying its three Airbus A320 plane as of 10 December, from Johannesburg to Cape City and George.
It has positioned itself as a premium worth competitor, with the promise of “‘correct espresso’ from Vida e Caffè on morning flights” and “wine tasting that includes a number of South Africa’s high wine estates” on afternoon flights.
It additionally guarantees “no downside” cancellations and modifications to tickets.
See additionally | SA’s latest airline lastly has a reputation
Nevertheless it nonetheless sells no-frills tickets, and you may pay for extras. On one flight we checked, a chunk of checked baggage provides R100 further to the associated fee, two checked baggage will value R250, and add a 3rd to pay R450 extra.
You will additionally pay R70 further to take a seat in an emergency row or one of many “stretch row” seats on the entrance of the aircraft, or R30 for a seat barely additional again.
Here is what you will pay to fly Raise
We checked Raise’s costs primarily based on flying out on the night of Wednesday, 23 December, and returning on the afternoon of Sunday, three January, for the usual South African break over the Christmas interval.
No flight is out there between Johannesburg and George on the 23rd, so that you’d need to fly on Christmas Eve, and likewise for the opposite course, from George to Cape City.
Whereas flying out of Cape City or George is pretty value aggressive in that interval, leaving from Johannesburg will not be low-cost.
Here is what these return flights will value you.
- Johannesburg to Cape City: R4,410
- Johannesburg to George: R4,440
- Cape City to Johannesburg: R1,950
- George to Johannesburg: R2,320
Obtain a day by day information replace in your cellphone. Or get the very best of our website emailed to you.
Go to the Enterprise Insider entrance web page for extra tales.