Airline of the USA
|Locations||14 (as of April 2011)|
|Headquarters||Delray Seashore, Florida|
|Key folks||Dan Wiesel (CEO) |
Alysa Binder (CDO)
Pet Airways was an American firm headquartered in Delray Seashore, Florida, that specialised solely in air transportation of pets. The airline claimed to be the primary designed particularly for pets the place pets flew in the primary cabin, not in cargo. After Pet Airways ceased operations, their mum or dad, PAWS Pet Firm Inc., transferred to the pharmaceutical area, and altered their identify to Praxsyn Company.
The corporate was based by Dan Wiesel and Alysa Binder, who received the concept when planning a visit with their canine. The launch of the corporate was funded by a gaggle of buyers.
Operations continued from 2009 to 2011 when operations ceased. By the point operations ceased, over 9,000 pets had been flown.
In February 2012 The New York Instances reported that Pet Airways had run into monetary issues. In a regulatory submitting that month, the corporate mentioned, “We now have skilled a historical past of losses and have but to start producing constructive money flows from operations and, because of this, our auditors have raised substantial doubt about our potential to proceed as a going concern.” In 2011, the airline completely ceased operations.
When the airline started in 2009, airfare per pet began at $150, and was primarily based on the pet’s measurement and the space traveled. The typical value was about $500 per flight, although a person flight might value over $1,200 for a big animal. Flights might be booked on-line.
The pets (“pawsengers”, of their terminology) have been checked right into a pet lounge at every airport at which the airline operated. House owners might observe their pets en route through the web site. Airline workers gave all pets pre-boarding walks and toilet breaks. Throughout the flight, the pets have been underneath the care of skilled attendants, checked on at the very least each 15 minutes for the flight’s period.
The corporate launched its first weekly flight on July 14, 2009, serving 9 US cities—New York Metropolis, Baltimore/Washington, D.C., Chicago, Omaha, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Phoenix, Denver and Los Angeles. In April 2011 it introduced addition of three Texas locations (Dallas, Houston and Austin), St. Louis, and Orlando, however didn’t start service. Pet Airways introduced plans to broaden to 25 cities by late 2011.
As of April 2011 Pet Airways flew to 11 locations:
- “Pet-only airline will quickly fly out of St. Louis”. St. Louis Submit-Dispatch. April 20, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- “Pet-only airline prepares to take flight”. UPI. Archived from the unique on December 23, 2009. Retrieved April 17, 2009.
- “Contact Us Archived 2012-05-07 on the Wayback Machine.” Pet Airways. Retrieved on Might 3, 2012. “Company Headquarters 777 E. Atlantic Ave. Suite C2-264 Delray Seashore, FL 33483”
- Huettel, Steve (April 1, 2009). “Pet Airways might make pet journey simpler, if it takes off”. St. Petersburg Instances. Archived from the unique on April 10, 2009.
- “The PAWS Pet Firm, Inc. to Change Identify and State of Incorporation”. Praxsyn Corp. Archived from the unique on 29 November 2014. Retrieved Four March 2015.
- “‘Bone voyage’ as pets get airline”. BBC. April 17, 2009. Retrieved April 17, 2009.
- “New Airline Provides Service Solely To Pets”. New York, NY: CBS Broadcasting. July 14, 2009. Retrieved April 17, 2009.[dead link]
- “Fur begins to fly as Pet Airways takes to the skies”. CTV. July 9, 2009. Retrieved July 24, 2009.
- Ken Leiser (March 4, 2012). “Pet-only airline a no-show in St. Louis”. St. Louis Submit-Dispatch.
- “Pet Airways hits the skies: Worrying expertise spurs pet airline, a welcome different to flying cargo”. New York, NY. Related Press. July 15, 2009. Retrieved July 24, 2009.
- Walker, Blair S. (1 September 2009), “Pet Airline Takes Off”, AARP Bulletin, Within the Information, AARP Publications, 50 (7), p. 6, ISSN 1044-1123, archived from the unique on 23 December 2009, retrieved 23 December 2009
- “The place We Fly”. Delray Seashore, Florida. Archived from the unique on July 25, 2009. Retrieved July 24, 2009.