From the concept as soon as a paved path has been laid, journey on the route is less complicated and smoother for others.
pave the way in which (third-person singular easy current paves the way in which, current participle paving the way in which, easy previous and previous participle paved the way in which)
- (idiomatic, typically adopted by for) To make future progress or growth simpler.
Germany’s growth of rocket weapons paved the way in which for human managed spaceflight.
- 1705, Robert Fleming, “[The Epistle Dedicatory]”, in Christology. A Discourse Regarding Christ: Thought of I In Himself, II In His Authorities, and III In Relation to His Topics and Their Obligation to Him. In Six Books. Being a New Essay in the direction of a farther Revival and Re-introduction of Primitive-Scriptural-Divinity, by the use of Specimen, London: Printed for Andrew Bell, and the Bible and Cross-Keys in Cornhill, OCLC 977957523, web page ix:
A perverting of this Firſt and Authentic Chriſtian Precept, by Political and Aſpiring Church-Guides, […] didn’t solely pave the way in which for Popery, however each laid the Basis thereof and finiſh’d its Superſtructure: […]
- 1876, Henry Southgate, “A Few Issues My Spouse, when Received, Will Like Me to Observe and Do”, in The Strategy to Woo and Win a Spouse. Illustrated by a Collection of Selection Extracts, along with some Authentic Matter by no means earlier than Printed, London; Edinburgh: William P. Nimmo, […] 14 King William Road, Strand, OCLC 977655484, web page 262:
The gratification of 1 inordinate pursuit paves the way in which for an additional; and no sooner is the current useless want indulged, than a future imagined necessity arises, equally importunate.
- 1972, “Revolution at Floodtide”, in Thomas G[arden] Barnes and Gerald D[onald] Feldman, editors, Nationalism, Industrialization, and Democracy 1815–1914 (A Documentary Historical past of Europe; III), Boston, Mass.: Little, Brown and Firm, →OCLC; republished Lanham, Md.; London: College Press of America, 1980, →ISBN, web page 91:
- Prince Louis Napoleon was president of France, and his dictatorial behaviour was paving the way in which for his assumption of the imperial crown.
- 1988, Sue-Ellen Case, “Radical Feminism and Theatre”, in Feminism and Theatre, New York, N.Y.: Routledge, →ISBN, web page 62:
As we have now seen, a number of the ladies lively earlier than the feminist motion confirmed a priority for girls’s oppression and rights and helped pave the way in which for the exploration of girls’s points in efficiency.
- 2013, John Hart, “The Storyboard’s Beginnings”, in The Artwork of the Storyboard: A Filmmaker’s Introduction, Burlington, Mass.; Oxford: Focal Press, Elsevier, →ISBN, web page 1:
- The movie trade’s present use of storyboards as a preproduction, pre-visualization instrument owes its humble beginnings to the unique Sunday comics. Pioneers like Winsor McKay,[sic, meaning McCay] whose Gertie the Dinosaur […] and animation of the Sinking of the Lusitania (1915) established him because the true originator of the animated cartoon as an artwork kind. He paved the way in which for [Walt] Disney and others.
to make future growth simpler