Travelcards are zonal tickets permitting limitless journey on London’s public transport community. They are often issued for journey on any at some point, seven consecutive days or for normal commuters, any interval between one month and a 12 months. Travelcards can be found for journey from stations all through London and the house counties, the south and south east and additional afield on some routes.
Travelcards will be issued in a variety of zonal mixtures and topic to the zones bought, you need to use your Travelcard on:
- London Underground (the Tube), DLR, and Nationwide Rail providers (together with London Overground and Tfl Rail, however not Heathrow Categorical providers)
- Travelcards routed ‘Plus Excessive Pace’ or ‘Any Permitted + HS’ are legitimate on Southeastern excessive pace providers
- All London Bus providers (besides some particular providers and excursions) whatever the zones for which the ticket is issued
- London Trams providers, the place the Travelcard is legitimate for journey in Zone 3, 4, 5 or 6 or any mixture of those zones.
The place and when can I take advantage of my Travelcard?
Travelcards bought for any mixture of Zones inside the London Fare Zones space. A map of the realm is offered right here.
Your Travelcard should be legitimate for all of the zones you journey in or by.
- Anytime Day Travelcards are legitimate for journey at any time of day and till 04:29 the next morning and can be found solely within the following zonal mixtures: Zones 1-Four and Zones 1-6.
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards are legitimate for journey from 09:30 Monday to Friday, any time at weekends and on public holidays, and till 04:29 the next morning and can be found solely as Zones 1-6. Railcard holders could buy sure Off-Peak Day Travelcards at a reduction.
- 7-day or longer interval Travelcards are legitimate at any time till 04:29 the morning following the date of expiry and can be found in any mixture of two or extra adjoining Zones. In case your 7-Day or interval Travelcard is issued as a paper ticket, you’ll need a Photocard to make use of with this ticket (issued at any Nationwide Rail ticket workplace). You have to to supply your identify and a passport sized picture.
Travelcards bought exterior of the London Fare Zones space:
- Travelcards will be bought from most stations within the South East England space. Day Travelcard costs embody the return fare to London plus journey in Zones 1-6. Travelcards legitimate for 7 days or longer will be bought for any mixture of adjoining zones which embody Zone 6.
- Anytime Day Travelcards are legitimate for journey at any time of day and as much as the early hours of the next day. Throughout the London Fare Zones space it’s possible you’ll use the Travelcard till 04:29 and all journey, together with past the London Fare Zones should be accomplished by this time.
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards are legitimate for journey from at any time when Off-Peak fares grow to be accessible out of your origin station – verify our Journey Planner to see whether or not an Off-Peak fare is offered once you want to journey. Legitimate as much as the early hours of the next day, and inside the London Fare Zones space it’s possible you’ll use the Travelcard till 04:29 and all journey, together with past the London Fare Zones should be accomplished by that point. Railcard holders could buy sure Off-Peak Day Travelcards at a reduction.
7-Day or longer interval Travelcards are legitimate for journey at any time of day and as much as the early hours of the next day supplied your journey past the London Fare Zones space is accomplished by 04:29. Throughout the London Fare Zones space it’s possible you’ll use the Travelcard till 04:29.
For additional info on Travelcard Season Tickets click on right here.
What’s an Oyster card?
An Oyster card is a re-usable smartcard which is issued by, or on behalf of, Transport for London (TfL). It may retailer:
- as much as £90 as “Pay as you go” credit score and/or
- as much as three Travelcard or London Bus & Tram Go Season Tickets (Oyster Travelcards are solely accessible for journey inside zones 1-9 of the London Fare Zones space, in addition to Watford Junction, Hertford North, Hertford East, Shenfield – map)
If you wish to use Pay as you go to journey past the Zones coated by your Travelcard, to a station inside the Pay as you go space you’ll need to make sure you have enough Pay as you go credit score in your Oyster card earlier than beginning your journey.
Particular circumstances apply when utilizing Oyster playing cards on Nationwide Rail – please view the Oyster Circumstances of Use on Nationwide Rail providers.
|Please Observe: A refundable deposit will likely be charged once you buy your Oyster card.|
Oyster Pay as you go (PAYG)
Oyster PAYG can be utilized for on all journeys on Nationwide Rail, London Underground, DLR, London Bus and London Trams providers wholly inside the London Fare Zones space, and PAYG can be used on Southeastern’s HS1 service between St Pancras Worldwide and Stratford Worldwide, Gatwick Categorical and Southern providers between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport, Heathrow Categorical between London Paddington and Heathrow Airport, journeys to Potters Bar and Radlett, and on TfL Rail providers between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Airport. Particular fares apply to those locations.
Merely prime up your Oyster with credit score, contact in initially and out on the finish of your journeys, and the price will likely be debited out of your steadiness, based mostly on the place and what time you contact in, and in some circumstances, which route you are taking. You can too use a Contactless debit or bank card to pay as you go on the identical charges as Oyster.
Peak single fares will apply when you contact in between 06:30-09:30 or 16:00-19:00 Monday to Friday.
EXCEPTION: Peak fares don’t apply to journeys within the night between 16:00 and 19:00 constructed from stations exterior Zone 1 to stations inside Zone 1.
Between London Euston and Watford Junction (together with journeys between intermediate stations) peak fares don’t apply on the following instances:
- From London Euston: from 06:30 and earlier than 09:30
- In direction of London Euston: from 16:00 and earlier than 19:00
- Off peak single fares will apply in any respect different instances, and on Public Holidays.
How do I get an Oyster card?
- From Oyster On-line
- From any London Underground self-service ticket machine
- From some Nationwide Rail ticket workplaces within the London Fare Zones space, together with all staffed London Overground and TfL Rail stations. Go to our Stations & prepare data tab, sort the identify of the Nationwide Rail station that you’re enquiring about and examine the knowledge within the ‘Ticket shopping for & assortment’ panel
- From an Oyster Ticket Cease
The place can I prime up an Oyster card?
- At Oyster On-line (You may acquire your on-line order 30 minutes after buy from any London bus, or at any Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail or Nationwide Rail station inside the pay as you go space once you contact your card on a yellow card reader as a part of your journey.)
- At any London Underground self-service ticket machine
- At many Nationwide Rail ticket workplaces within the London Fare Zones space, together with all staffed London Overground and TfL Rail stations. Go to our Stations & prepare data tab, sort the identify of the station that you’re enquiring about and examine the knowledge below the ‘Ticket shopping for & assortment’ tab
- At most Nationwide Rail self-service ticket machines within the London Fare Zones space
- On the TfL Oyster and Contactless app
What’s going to I pay utilizing Pay as you go?
Supplied the Oyster card is touched out and in, the most cost effective applicable single fare will likely be deducted from the Pay as you go steadiness.
Fares will be discovered by visiting www.tfl.gov.uk/farefinder and the Nationwide Rail Journey Planner when you’ve gotten chosen your journey.
How do I take advantage of an Oyster card and what do I do on the station?
Whenever you contact in utilizing Pay as you go on Nationwide Rail an entry cost will likely be deducted from the steadiness in your card. This cost will likely be adjusted once you contact out on the finish of your journey so that you just pay the proper marketed fare and qualify for any applicable day by day worth cap.
All Nationwide Rail and London Underground stations within the London Pay as you go space have Oyster card readers or validators. You could contact in and contact out along with your Oyster card initially and finish of your journey. This can guarantee you might be charged the proper fare on your journey.
Failure to the touch out and in could imply that you just pay greater than the marketed fare, and the day by day worth cap won’t apply.
You may additionally be topic to a Penalty Fare or prosecution.
If you happen to change trains as a way to keep away from travelling by Zone 1 in your journey, you need to just remember to contact your Oyster card on the pink validator situated on the station platform to pay the cheaper fare. If you don’t, it’s possible you’ll be charged the next (by way of Zone 1) fare.
If you happen to need assistance utilizing your Oyster card, please ask employees at any Oyster issuing station or contact the Oyster helpline on 0343 222 1234 (open 08:00-20:00 day by day). Clients with a textual content telephone facility can use the textual content telephone service on 020 7027 8511.
For additional details about Oyster go to the Oyster Card web site.
Railcards and Oyster Pay as you go
Senior, 16-25, 26-30, and HM Forces Railcard holders and holders of Annual Gold Playing cards can get 1/Three reductions on the grownup Off-Peak Oyster Pay as you go fare for journeys on Nationwide Rail (together with TfL Rail and London Overground), London Underground and DLR. They’ll additionally acquire a 1/Three low cost on the Off-Peak day by day worth cap. Disabled Individuals Railcard holders additionally get 1/Three low cost of the height fares and caps.
To qualify for these reductions, holders should have a legitimate Railcard or Annual Gold Card and registered their Oyster card on-line on the TfL web site or app. You may register your card on-line at tfl.gov.uk/oyster Reductions will be utilized by the TfL employees at any;
- London Underground station
- London Overground or TfL Rail station
- Customer Centre
- Oyster Ticket Cease
Reductions can be utilized at chosen Nationwide Rail ticket workplaces with the power to top-up Pay as you go credit score and cargo Travelcard Seasons to Oyster. The Railcard should be carried on the journey in addition to the Oyster card.
Please be aware that discounted Railcard fares on Pay as you go usually are not proven by our Journey Planner.
Kids, 16-18 12 months olds and Oyster
To acquire concessionary or little one charge Oyster Pay as you go fares, youngsters aged below 16 should maintain a legitimate ‘5-10′ or ’11-15’ Youngster Oyster Photocard, and – topic to assembly sure qualifying standards – 16-18 12 months olds can acquire an Oyster Photocard entitling them to journey at half the grownup Pas you go fare. These Photocards should be utilized for upfront – they aren’t issued at stations – and it might take as much as three weeks to acquire a Photocard. Please click on right here for extra info on Oyster Photocards and particulars on the way to apply
Pay as you go worth cap
Pay as you go fares are topic to a day by day worth cap. After getting reached this cover, you’ll not be charged any extra for any journeys you make earlier than 04:29 the next day, supplied you contact out and in on every journey.
Each day worth capping charges are topic to the kind of Oyster card held, the mode(s) used, time of journey and journeys made together with the London Fare Zones travelled in and thru.
Clients utilizing Contactless additionally profit from a Monday-Sunday worth cap, equal to the weekly Travelcard worth for the Zones use
Defending your Oyster card
You could register your Oyster card on-line to guard any Pay as you go credit score or Season Tickets loaded on it if the cardboard is misplaced or stolen, or to use for a refund in your Travelcard Season Ticket. To register your card, please go to www.tfl.gov.uk/oyster
All year long, Transport for London and the Rail Supply Group conduct surveys into prospects use of Travelcards. Particulars will be discovered on this web page.