The Niños Heroes (Heroic Kids) have been six teenage army cadets who died defending Mexico at Mexico Metropolis’s Chapultepec Fort (which was the Mexican military’s army academy,) from invading forces from the usin the Battle of Chapultepec on September 13, 1847. Mexico has had many heroes via its lengthy and eventful historical past however conceivably none have mesmerized the ideas and stirred the hearts to the extent that Los Niños Heros have. These courageous younger males fought valiantly for his or her nation in the course of the Mexican-American Battle however sadly, they died defending México’s honor.
These cadets ranged in age from 13 to 19 years of age. Their commanders ordered them to fall again however the cadets didn’t and as an alternative they resisted the invaders till they have been all lifeless. The six younger males refused to relinquish their posts and bravely met the superior forces of the People.
· The final survivor Juan Escuitia born in Tepic between 1828 and 1832 was a second lieutenant in an artillery firm, and is alleged to have draped himself with the Mexican flag earlier than leaping to his dying to forestall it from being taken by the enemy.
· The opposite 5 have been Juan de la Barrera, born in Mexico metropolis in 1828 He was the son of a military basic who enlisted on the age of 12 and died defending a gun battery on the entrance to the park. He was 19 and the oldest of the six.
· Francisco Marques, born in Guadalajara, Jalisco in 1834 and was the step son of a military cavalry captain. He utilized to the Academy on January 14, 1847 and belonged to the primary firm of cadets. His bullet riddled physique was discovered on the east flank of the hill. He was the youngest of the six;
· Agustin Melgar born in Chihuahua, Chihuahua between 1828 and 1832. He was the son of Esteban Melgar, a lieutenant colonel within the military and Maria de la Luz Sevilla, each of whom died whereas he was very younger and he utilized for the Academy on November 4, 1846. He was in a position to shoot and kill invaders earlier than taking refuge behind some mattresses in one of many rooms however was mortally wounded.
· Fernando Montes de Oca born in Azcapotzalco, Mx., Mexico between 1828 and 1832 to Jose Maria Monted de Oca and Josefa Rodriguez. He utilized to the Academy on January 24,01847 and was one of many cadets who remained within the fort. His private document reads “Killed for his nation on 13 September 1847”;
· Vicente Suarezborn in 1882 in Puebla, Puebla and was the son of Miguel Suarez, a cavalry officer and Maria de la Luz Ortega. He utilized for admission to the Academy on October 21, 1845 and was killed at his publish in hand-to-hand fight.
They have been buried within the grounds of Chapultepec Park in an undisclosed location and on September 27, 1952, they have been re-interred on the monument high of the Heroic Cadets in Chapultepec.
This grand monument was raised of their honor, “Los Niños Heroes Monument,” and stands proudly on the entrance to Chapultepec Park in Mexico Metropolis. This spectacular monument was fabricated from Carrara marble by architect Enrique Aragon and sculptor Erlesto Tamariz in 1952.
In 1947, President Harry S. Truman of america visited the “Los Niños Heroes” monument the place there was a second of reverential silence noticed by the President as an indication of respect for the younger boy cadets. When President Truman was requested why he stopped on the monument his response was, “I respect bravery wherever I see it.”