With almost 20 dive websites starting from wreck dives to coral dives, Maunalua Bay is any scuba diver’s Mecca. The Corsair Wreck, the one actual dive website in Oahu, is discovered right here. There are additionally synthetic wreck dives such because the LCU Wreck, the Kahala Barge, and the Child Barge, in addition to quite a few coral dives together with China Wall, Sea Cave, Spitting Caves, Fantasy Reef, and Angler’s Reef.
Journeys to the dive websites typically begin on the Maunala Bay Seashore Park, which fronts the city of city of Hawaii Kai on the southern a part of Oahu. On the seashore park, a plethora of dive boats and rental corporations providing gear for jet-skiing, parasailing, scuba diving, and different ocean-bound actions.
Manualua Bay Seashore Park additionally gives scenic sights. On the jap finish of the seashore park stand the enduring Koko Head and Koko Crater – which is why the bay is called Maunalua. In Hawaiian, it means “two mountains.”
Although the seashore makes poor swimming, it gives wind circumstances wonderful for windsurfing and kite boarding. This occurs particularly when the Kona winds blow throughout the Maunalua Bay. The seashore is notable additionally for boating, fishing, and snorkeling. When snorkeling although, be careful for sturdy currents and rising tide; the water may be treacherous.
Maunalua Bay Seashore Park is a man-made seashore developed by Henry J. Kaiser. Its white sand seashore is made up of 535,000 toes of corals and different supplies dredged from the ocean.
Providers and facilities: no lifeguards; there are restrooms, telephones
5 Distinctive Issues about Maunalua Bay Seashore Park:
- The one actual wreck dive website in Oahu, the Corsair Wreck, sits on the backside of the Maunalua Bay.
- Maunalua Bay has probably the most quite a few dive websites in Oahu.
- Maunalua Bay Seashore Park is the launch website of many ocean-bound actions corresponding to scuba diving, jet snowboarding, and parasailing.
- 535,000 toes of corals have been dredged from the ocean to create the white sand seashore of Maunalua Bay Seashore Park.
- Maunalua Bay is situated on the base of two peaks: the Koko Head and Koko Crater.