Wikipedia listing article
Singapore Airways flies to 62 worldwide locations (together with seasonal locations) in 32 nations on 5 continents (as of Could 2020) from its main hub in Singapore. India and the USA of America are served by highest variety of locations with six every.
After the Asian Monetary Disaster in 1997, Singapore Airways discontinued flying to Kagoshima, Berlin, Darwin, Cairns, Hangzhou and Sendai. Toronto was discontinued in 1994. In the course of the SARS outbreak in 2003/04, Singapore Airways discontinued flying to Brussels, Las Vegas, Chicago, Hiroshima, Kaohsiung, Mauritius, Montreal, Vienna, Madrid, Seattle, Shenzhen and Surabaya. As well as, Singapore Airways discontinued flights to Vancouver (earlier than the 2010 Winter Olympics) and Amritsar in 2009, and São Paulo in 2016.
Singapore Airways presently operates the longest flight on the planet, a continuous to Newark, utilizing the Airbus A350-900ULR. Beforehand, it operated that route and one to Los Angeles with the Airbus A340-500 plane. All A340-500 had been phased out in 2013 and direct flights to each locations had been suspended at that time; Newark was re-launched 5 years later. Nonstop service to Los Angeles was terminated on 20 October 2013 (the airline continues to serve Los Angeles from Singapore through Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo-Narita) and nonstop service to Newark was terminated on 23 November 2013 in favour of the Singapore-New York JFK route through Frankfurt.
In October 2016, Singapore Airways restarted its nonstop service from Singapore to the US with the launch of its new Singapore-San Francisco route. The route flies A350-900 plane and contains Enterprise, Premium Economic system and Economic system lessons.
The previous Capital Categorical Route linking Singapore and Wellington through Canberra was changed in Could 2018 with Singapore-Sydney-Canberra-Singapore and Singapore-Melbourne-Wellington-Melbourne-Singapore routes.
In September 2020, the service introduced that it’ll droop companies to Canberra, Dusseldorf, Stockholm and Wellington resulting from a drop in demand arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “The place we fly”. Singapore Airways.
- “Annual Report FY2002-03” (PDF). Singapore Airways.
SIA suspends companies to Kathmandu, Lahore and Karachi indefinitely. … operations to Durban had been terminated in January 2003 … Operations to 6 locations – Brussels, Chicago, Las Vegas, Hiroshima, Kaohsiung and Mauritius – had been terminated
- “Singapore Air cancels Chicago, Vegas service”. Journey Weekly. 2 Could 2003.
- “Suspension Of Service To Vancouver”. www.singaporeair.com.
- Logarta, Margie T. (28 March 2011). “Singapore Airways kicks off thrice-weekly Sao Paulo flights”. Enterprise Traveller.
- Josephs, Leslie (June 2, 2018). “Singapore Airways has restarted a nonstop flight from Newark to Singapore. This is what to anticipate on the world’s longest flight”. CNBC.
- “Archived copy”. Archived from the unique on 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2012-10-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (hyperlink)
- “SIA To Make Community Changes In Northern Summer time Schedule”. Information releases. www.singaporeair.com. Singapore Airways.
- Doyle, Andrew (24 October 2012). “SIA to drop nonstop USA flights as Airbus buys again A340s”. flightglobal.com.
- “Singapore Air to Problem United With Nonstop U.S. Flights”. 15 June 2016 – through www.bloomberg.com.
- “SIA To Develop US Operations With Non-Cease San Francisco Flights And Second Day by day Los Angeles Service”. www.singaporeair.com.
- Yosephine, Liza (26 January 2018). “Singapore Airways scraps Canberra-Wellington flights”. Jakarta Publish. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- “August 2020 Working Outcomes” (PDF). Singapore Airways.
Singapore Airways will droop companies to Canberra, Dusseldorf, Stockholm and Wellington as a part of a assessment of its community as a result of Covid-19 pandemic.
- “SIA Group passenger carriage down 98.3% in August, some flights suspended resulting from COVID-19”. CNA. Retrieved 15 September 2020.
- Tan, Lynette (15 September 2020). “SIA axes flights to Canberra, Dusseldorf, Stockholm and Wellington for good”. The Enterprise Instances. Retrieved 15 September 2020.
- “Annual Report FY2000-01” (PDF). Singapore Airways.
Flights to Cairns had been terminated from 25 March 2001.
- “Singapore Airways to droop its flights to Sendai, Japan, and Cairns, Australia | Aviation Week Community”. aviationweek.com.
- Chamberlin, Chris. “Singapore Airways drops flights to Canberra, Wellington”. Government Traveller. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- “Austria, right here we come”. Singapore Monitor. 28 March 1985.
Singapore Airways is spreading its silver wings to Vienna … from April 4.
- “Singapore Airways to fly nonstop to Brussels from October 2020”. Enterprise Traveller. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
The service final flew to the Belgian capital in 2003.
- Magnier, Mark (27 August 1991). “SIA BLASTS CANADA FOR BLOCKING TORONTO ROUTE | JOC.com”. The Journal of Commerce.
- “Suspension Of Service To Vancouver”. www.singaporeair.com. Singapore Airways. 14 January 2009.
- “Annual Report FY2005-06” (PDF). Singapore Airways.
SilkAir took over from Singapore Airways the operation of companies to Shenzhen and Surabaya. … Singapore Airways resumed a three-times-weekly service to Karachi and Lahore in Pakistan.
- Zhaki Abdullah (15 December 2020). “SIA Group passenger carriage down 97.7% in November as air journey demand stays ‘weak‘“. CNA.
SIA added 4 cities to its community – Brunei, Fukuoka, New York and Shenzhen – to carry its whole to 36 cities.
- Suspension Of Providers To Cairo And Riyadh. “Suspension Of Providers To Cairo And Riyadh”. www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 16 Could 2014.
- “Singapore Airways – Information releases”. www.singaporeair.com.
- “Coronavirus: SIA urges prospects to hunt assist just for flights leaving inside 72 hours”. The Straits Instances. 13 March 2020.
- “Singapore Airways To Add Düsseldorf To Route Community”. Singapore Airways. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- “Suspension Of Providers To Abu Dhabi And Athens”. Singapore Airways. 16 Could 2012.
- “SIA To Function Seasonal Providers To Athens”. www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Ramchandani, Nisha (17 August 2016). “SIA To Function Seasonal Providers To Athens”. Businses Instances.
SIA suspended year-round companies to Athens in 2011, selecting as an alternative to supply seasonal companies in the summertime months in 2012, 2014 and 2015. It isn’t providing any flights to the Greek capital presently.
- “Singapore Airways Updates Route Community”. Archived from the unique on November 7, 2008.
- “Annual Report FY2008-09” (PDF). Singapore Airways.
Providers to Amritsar had been suspended
- “SIA To Launch Surabaya Providers And Enhance Bali and Jakarta Frequency”. Singapore Airways. Retrieved 7 Could 2013.
- “Singapore Airways To Function Seasonal Providers To Sapporo”. www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved Four August 2014.
- “New flights to Tokyo Haneda commences 31 October”. www.singaporeair.com.
- “Singapore Airways begins flights to Kuwait”. www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 15 March 2009.
- “Third Quarter Revenue Down 53% To $135 Million” (PDF). Singapore Airways. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
In the meantime, companies to Kuwait had been terminated
- “Annual Report FY2001-02” (PDF). Singapore Airways.
SIA stopped flying to Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Macau
- “Singapore Airways To Fly To Yangon”. Singapore Airways. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Gunalan, N (Three Could 2002). “Nepal seems at options to SIA’s suspended Kathmandu flights: Journey Weekly Asia”. Journey Weekly Asia.
- “Singapore Airways to launch Singapore ‘ Houston flights through Moscow Domodedovo Int’l Airport”. ajot.com.
- “Singapore Airways outlines preliminary 777 plans”. FlightGlobal. 23 April 1997.
- “Scoot To Take Over Jeddah Providers From Singapore Airways”. www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- “Scoot to fly to Saudi Arabia from Could, taking up from mum or dad SIA”. The Straits Instances.
- “SIA to take over SilkAir’s flights to Busan and lift seat capability”. The Straits Instances. September 12, 2019.
- “Annual Report FY2004-05” (PDF). Singapore Airways.
The thrice weekly B747-400 service to Madrid was suspended.
- “Singapore Airways To Add Stockholm To Route Community” (Press launch). Singapore Airways. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- “Singapore Airways Provides Stockholm As Second Scandinavian Metropolis In Route Community”. www.singaporeair.com.
- “Istanbul Airport Operations”. Singapore Airways.
- “Particular Report: Singapore Airways Boeing 747 Community 1981 – 2012”. Airlineroute.web. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- “Houston Joins Singapore Airways Community – Service Will Join Texas Metropolis With Singapore And Moscow”. Archived from the unique on December 17, 2007.
- “Flashback: Singapore Airways Las Vegas Service 2002/2003”. Airlineroute.web. 21 Could 2015. Archived from the unique on 31 January 2016. Retrieved 21 Could 2015.
- “Singapore Broadcasts Inaugural Service” (PDF). McCarran Airport. 2 March 2002.
- “Singapore Airways To Launch World’s Longest Business Flights”. www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 30 Could 2018.
- “Singapore Airways Makes Vital Capability Cuts And Grounds Plane”. Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- “Singapore Airways To Fly Non-Cease To Seattle”. www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 1 November 2018.