My finest pal and I lately took a visit to Cayo Santa Maria and stayed at Grand Recollections Sanctuary, a 4.5 star lodge. Our expertise was not a nice one and wished to tell Sunwing and maybe the lodge itself. By the second day, we rated this lodge a 2.5 star. Why? In keeping with the outline of the lodge we acquired personalised check-in; butler service; preferential reservation in any respect a la carte eating places; nonetheless we didn’t obtain the next: correct late checkout; nightly turndown service; premium facilities in room; use of in-room robes; mini-bar to be restocked day by day; night hors d’oeurvres afternoon snacks together with desserts in lounge and drinks within the drink dispenser in our room.
The lodge was not maintained; buildings appeared to be breaking down; some rooms had damaged patio doorways; phone within the room didn’t work; ants and small bugs had been crawling in our room.
Here’s a element of our displeasure:
1. Our Room: We obtained to the lodge round midnight on Thursday, August 8, 2019. We acquired our keys and went on to our room. As soon as contained in the room we observed that our room was geared up with one king dimension mattress and the balcony was dealing with forestry. On the time of reserving I had requested two double beds and a room dealing with the pool. We complained and finally got a room on the third flooring, once more dealing with the forest.
2. Phone: From day one, our phone was not working. This was reported the next morning. After we left on August 14, the phone was nonetheless not operational.
3. Full Bar: Our room was not geared up with a full bar. We had been solely given one bottle of water, a can of I consider 7-up, and a bottle of beer. As we had been two folks within the room I wasn’t certain the way it was going to work with one bottle of every merchandise.
4. Seashore Towels: We tried to alternate our seaside towels and had been unsuccessful till Saturday, August 10. Each time I went to the towel location, both the signal indicated the unavailability of towels or the door was closed. I attempted completely different hours of the day and was unsuccessful. The one means our towel was exchanged was by way of the supervisor of Sanctuary. Throughout our 7 day keep we solely had been profitable in exchanging our towels twice.
5. Bugs: In the course of the night, we had been overwhelmed alive with small black bugs. These bugs precipitated an allergic response. We had no warning about these bugs. On Tuesday, August 13, the day earlier than we had been leaving, round 7 pm we might scent a robust gasoline odor. We observed a truck driving across the resort spraying one thing that gave a robust odor and cloudiness within the sky. My query to you is why spray at the moment when vacationers are going to the eating places to eat? Should not the spraying happen in the course of the nighttime when individuals are asleep?
6. Neighbour: We had a neighbour from hell. I consider it was a household of 4 folks. The noise that got here from that room was outrageous. It felt as if we had been in the identical room as they had been. My girlfriend needed to stroll to the entrance desk to complain as our phone was not working. That is now day 4. The entrance desk was sympathetic and stated a safety individual would go to the room in query. NO ONE got here.
7. Excursions: Previous to leaving for our journey, I booked two excursions. The primary tour was the Sea Tour Zone 1 and the opposite was the Buenavista Social Membership Zone 1.On Thursday morning, I went to the Sunwing desk to alternate my vouchers for each excursions. Buenavista Social Membership Zone 1 was not a difficulty. The Sea Tour Zone 1 was the problem. I used to be informed that the Sea Tour Zone 1 was not out there and had no assure that it might be out there and was informed to change our tour to the Dolphin Swim-Zone 1, which price us every an addition $20 USD. For sure we weren’t joyful and had no alternative.
8. Room Examine Out: We had been interested by how the try would work. On Monday, August 12, 2019, we spoke to a really pleasure girl on the entrance desk inquiring about this difficulty. She knowledgeable us that we had been entitled to 2 free hour and any extra hours requested could be an extra 1.00 Cuban Peso. We requested if we might pay proper then and she or he indicated we needed to come on the morning of our final day. So on Wednesday, we proceeded to finalize our try and was informed we might be cost 9.00 Cuban Peso per hour. So how come the large distinction in two days?We requested if there was a complimentary room, which they weren’t joyful we had been asking, and so they requested us to guide a time after we wished this room and was informed we might solely have the room for 30 minutes
9. Baggage: We had been informed that the bell boys had been out there anytime we would have liked assist with our baggage. We wanted assist to take them from our third flooring room to the Sanctuary most important foyer; to the complimentary room; to the principle foyer of the Grand Recollections. Nobody got here to assist us carry out these duties. We needed to take our baggage down three flights of stairs; then wheel them over to the foyer; carry them to the complimentary room, which was on the second flooring; then carry them down the 2 flooring; watch for the golf cart for 30 minutes to take us to the principle foyer of the Grand Recollections lodge. If that is what they think about serving to us I am confused.
10. No to any of our requests: Each time we requested one thing we had been informed no we do not have that, or no we won’t enable you to. The lodge had completely no customer support.
This is not our first time to Cuba, and particularly Cayo Santa Maria. We had been very dissatisfied with the lodge; meals on the a la carte eating places weren’t tasty exception could be the Mediterranean Restaurant;, in actual fact we would go away the eating places, (exception could be the Mediterranean Restaurant); and head over to the buffet restaurant, the bar tenders want a lesson in mixing drinks; and completely, indubitably no customer support. We really feel you needed to be notified about our expertise. Individuals have requested us about our journey and the one two constructive issues I’ve informed folks is the wonderful, clear, clear water on the seaside and our concierges (or butlers) for our constructing.
I sit up for listening to from you about our expertise.