Hogg Robinson Group was a company journey administration firm. It was acquired by American Specific International Enterprise Journey in July 2018.
Hogg Robinson Group was established in 1845, by brothers in regulation Francis Hogg, a younger wine service provider, and Augustus Robinson, an insurance coverage dealer.
The partnership developed mercantile and insurance coverage pursuits from workplaces in Birchin Lane within the Metropolis of London. Its journey enterprise was established after World Warfare II. By 1984, it was one of many 4 largest journey company operators in the UK, and included the chains Wakefield Fortune and Blue Star, in addition to the retailers of Hogg Robinson.
In June 1993, the retail division was bought to Airtours (later MyTravel Group). Airtours merged it Pickfords Journey, acquired by Airtours from Pickfords in September 1992, to type Going Locations (later Thomas Cook dinner Group). In 1997, new chairman Neville Bain led the sale of Hogg Robinson’s transport division and the acquisition of two enterprise journey operations. In June 1998, it acquired 51% of Hider Journey of Canada.
In June 2000, chief government David Radcliffe led a £232 million administration buyout funded by Schroder Ventures (now Permira). In October 2006, the corporate expanded in Halifax, Nova Scotia. In April 2007, the corporate expanded its workplace area in Charlotte, North Carolina. In March 2012, the corporate acquired Spendvision. In February 2015, it was rebranded as Fraedom.
In Could 2017, the corporate acquired eWings.com, a journey administration firm for small to medium sized corporations. In February 2018, the corporate bought Fraedom to Visa Inc. for $195 million. On July 19, 2018, American Specific International Enterprise Journey acquired the corporate for roughly £400 million.
- Tomlinson, Alan, ed. (2006). Consumption, Id and Model: Advertising, Meanings, and the Packaging of Pleasure. Routledge. p. 142. ISBN 9781134982493.
- “Journey Departures: Pickfords change”. The Unbiased. 1 January 1994.
- Larsen, Peter Thal (24 June 1998). “Hogg Robinson shaken up”. The Unbiased.
- “David Radcliffe: Change is ‘relentless and ugly’, however it’s regular as she goes in company journey”. The Unbiased. 26 September 2004.
- “Hogg Robinson to increase operations in Halifax”. The Globe and Mail. October 20, 2006.
- “HRG triples native workplace area”. American Metropolis Enterprise Journals. April 4, 2007.
- “Fraedom acquired by Hogg Robinson Group plc”. TechCrunch.
- “HRG creates Fraedom, Seekda launches platform, Epteca unveils ancillary platform, and extra…” Phocuswire. February 27, 2015.
- Could, Kevin (Could 24, 2017). “HRG buys eWings on-line enterprise journey administration platform”. Phocuswire.
- Davies, Phil (Could 24, 2017). “HRG acquires ‘digital innovator’ eWings.com”. Travolution.
- “Visa Acquires Fraedom to Broaden Its International Industrial Choices” (Press launch). Enterprise Wire. February 9, 2018.
- “American Specific International Enterprise Journey Completes Acquisition of Hogg Robinson Group” (Press launch). American Specific International Enterprise Journey. July 19, 2018.
- Could, Kevin (February 9, 2018). “Amex GBT buys Hogg Robinson, tech integration at coronary heart of £400M deal”. Phocuswire.