|Based||Boston, Massachusetts (2006)|
|Founder||Israel Ganot, Rousseau Aurelien, James McElhiney|
Variety of places
|San Diego, CA and Louisville, KY|
|Chris Sullivan (CEO), Sarah Welch (CMO), Ben Katz (CTO)|
|Income||$100+ Million (2013)|
|Web site||www |
ecoATM, LLC doing enterprise as Gazelle is an eCommerce firm based in 2006 that helps individuals donate used digital units, resembling mobile telephones and cellphones , good tablets and laptop computer computer systems . The corporate, in some cases might supply cash to shoppers for used or damaged good units. It’s headquartered in San Diego, California with operations in Louisville, Kentucky.
Gazelle was based in 2006 by Israel Ganot, Rousseau Aurelien, and James McElhiney. Gazelle.com launched in 2008 and raised $46 million in funding from Venrock, Rockport Capital, Physic Ventures and Craton Fairness Companions.
The corporate’s company workplace is positioned in San Diego, CA with greater than 150 staff. In June 2013, the buyer electronics retailer opened its first processing middle in Louisville, KY. The warehouse operates with about 150 staff. In 2013, the corporate topped $100 million in income, rising at a 80 p.c price. In November 2014, Gazelle launched a retailer to promote licensed pre-owned units direct to shoppers.
Since launching, Gazelle has paid $200 million to shoppers for used units, and has accepted greater than 2 million units from greater than 1 million prospects.
On November 10, 2015 Gazelle’s acquisition by Outerwall Inc., proprietor of ecoATM, one other electronics recycler, grew to become official.
In December 2020, Gazelle introduced that it is trade-in program could be shut down on February 1, 2020.
Recognition and awards
- Gazelle reached its two millionth gadget milestone in Could 2014.
- In 2012, Gazelle ranked throughout the Inc. 500 Quickest Rising Firms for 3 years in a row.
- In 2012, Gazelle ranked as #97 the Prime 100 Shopper Merchandise & Providers Firms, #16 within the Prime 100 Massachusetts Firms, and #15 within the Boston Metro Space.
- Scherzer, L. Yahoo! Finance (2013). “The Apple Crime Spree.
- Koivu, L. U.S. Information & World Report (2015). “Tips on how to Make Cash Off of Previous Electronics.”
- Robinson, A. Louisville Enterprise First (2013). “Gazelle rising rapidly in Louisville.”
- Cohan, P. Forbes (2013). “Boston Begin-up Provides Money For Excessive Finish Electronics”
- Kirsner, S. The Boston Globe (2014). “Market burgeons for pre-owned smartphones”
- Apple Insider (2014). “Gazelle launches licensed preowned retailer specializing in high quality used Apple iPhones & iPads.”
- Environmental Chief (2014). “Gazelle Pays $200M for Used Digital Units.”
- “After elevating $65M, smartphone reseller Gazelle bought for $18M”. www.betaboston.com. Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- Statt, Nick (2020-12-30). “Commerce-in website Gazelle is ending trade-ins”. The Verge. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- Harris, D. Boston Enterprise Journal (2014). “Shopper electronics trade-in website Gazelle says it is accepted 2 million units, served 1 million prospects.”
- Inc. Journal. “Inc. 5000, Gazelle.”