Mark, you really want to journey extra or no less than, come right here for recommendation BEFORE you journey! Your complaints truthfully don’t have anything to do with Orbitz,however along with your lack of information.
1. It’s best to have obtained what’s known as a PNR (passenger title file) when your ticket was issued. You can have gone to UA’s webpage anytime after you had your ticket, logged in as a visitor, utilizing your final title and this quantity, pulled up your itinerary, and chosen seats. In the event you had accomplished on-line test in 24 hours earlier than your flight, you would have chosen seats then. If none have been accessible at the moment, sure, it’s important to anticipate the gate agent to assign them.
2. I’m actually not clear why folks on standby can be assigned seats and boarded earlier than you, in case you have been confirmed on this flight. One thing doesn’t make sense right here. I feel you’re complicated “standby” with all the opposite individuals who had confirmed tickets, however had not but obtained seat assignments.
3. All airways overbook. And sure, persons are denied boarding primarily based on the time they checked in (final to test in, first to be bumped), frequent flyer standing, and fare code. In the event you booked a consolidator ticket via Orbitz, sure, you went to the underside of the heap.
4. What does “I paid full worth” for this ticket even imply? Everybody pays “full worth”! The vital half is what fare bucket was your ticket in? Seems once more to be a consolidator ticket.
5. I’m not clear what you’re saying about your return flight. Being a common member, that’s somebody with a Mileage Plus account and no standing, means little or no. You might be simply barely above somebody who hasn’t bothered to hitch. I do not know in case you are saying you checked in utilizing your FF quantity (which you by no means wanted to have the ability to test in – see #1) to test in, or in case you bought a seat on-line earlier than the flight.
Anyway, sooner or later, extremely advise you ebook immediately with the airline and take note of your itineraries. To keep away from being bumped, test in on the 24 hour mark, and select your seats instantly after reserving your ticket.
Did UA compensate you in anyway for denying you boarding?
Edited: 10 years in the past