The Division of Tourism (Filipino: Kagawaran ng Turismo, DOT) is the manager division of the Philippine authorities answerable for the regulation of the Philippine tourism trade and the promotion of the Philippines as a vacationer vacation spot.
Began as a non-public initiative to advertise the Philippines as a serious journey vacation spot, the Philippine Vacationer & Journey Affiliation was organized in 1950. In 1956, the Board of Journey and Vacationer Business was created by Congress As stipulated within the Built-in Reorganization Plan in 1972 sanctioned as a legislation below Presidential Decree No. 2, as amended, the Division of Commerce and Tourism was established, reorganizing the then Division of Commerce and Business. A Philippine Tourism Fee was created below the unified Commerce and Tourism Division to supervise the expansion of the tourism trade as a supply of financial profit for the nation.
In 1973, President Ferdinand Marcos created a brand new cabinet-level Division of Tourism (DOT) by splitting the Division of Commerce and Tourism into two separate departments. Included within the new Division of Tourism, the company Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA) and the Philippine Conference Bureau (PCB) have been created. The Division of Tourism was then renamed Ministry of Tourism on account of the shift within the type of authorities pursuant to the enforcement of the 1973 Structure.
In 1986, below Govt Order Nos. 120 and 120-A signed by President Corazon Aquino, the Division of Tourism was reorganized and, correspondingly, the Conference Bureau was renamed the Philippine Conference and Guests Company, and the Intramuros Administration was hooked up, beforehand being below the defunct Ministry of Human Settlements. In 1998, the Division of Tourism assumed a distinguished function in end result of centennial celebration of the nation’s independence from the Spanish Empire in 1898.
In 2003, the Division of Tourism initiated certainly one of its most profitable tourism promotion venture, WOW Philippines’, below Secretary (now Senator) Richard J. Gordon.
The most recent enhancements within the tourism trade within the nation happened with the passage of Republic Act No. 9593 or the “Tourism Act of 2009.”
The Division is headed by the Secretary of Tourism (Philippines), with the next 4 undersecretaries and assistant secretaries.
- Undersecretary for Administration and Particular Issues
- Undersecretary for Public Affairs, Communications & Particular Initiatives
- Undersecretary for Tourism Improvement Planning
- Undersecretary for Tourism Promotions
- Undersecretary for Tourism Regulation Coordination & Useful resource Generations
- Assistant Secretary for Administration and Particular Issues
- Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, Communications and Particular Initiatives
- Assistant Secretary for Tourism Improvement Planning
- Assistant Secretary for Tourism Regulation Coordination & Useful resource Technology for Luzon and Visayas
- Assistant Secretary for Tourism Regulation Coordination & Useful resource Technology for Metro Manila Cluster
Bureaus and workplaces
- Bureau of Home Tourism Promotions and Info
- Bureau of Worldwide Tourism Promotions
- Workplace of Tourism Info
- Workplace of Tourism Requirements
- Workplace of Tourism Improvement Planning
- Workplace of Product Improvement
- Workplace of Tourism Coordination
Companies of the Division of Tourism
Also called the “DOT Household”, the next businesses are hooked up to the DOT and shall be below the supervision of the Secretary for program and coverage coordination:
- Go to Islands Philippines 1994
- Miss Universe 1994
- Florikultura ’98 – worldwide horticulture exhibition
- Expo Pilipino 1998 – Philippine Centennial Worldwide Exposition
- 1998 Philippine Centennial Celebrations
- World Exposition 2002 Manila (cancelled as a result of monetary issues of the federal government)
- Go to Philippines 2003
- WOW (World Of Wonders) Philippines
- “Pilipinas Kay Ganda” slogan and marketing campaign 2010
- It is Extra Enjoyable within the Philippines!
- Go to the Philippines Yr 2015
- Go to the Philippines Once more 2016
- Miss Universe 2016 (65th Miss Universe)
- Boracay Rehabilitation 2018
- 2019 Southeast Asian Video games
Record of the Secretaries of the Division of Tourism