CWT (previously Carlson Wagonlit Journey) is a journey administration firm that manages enterprise journey, conferences, incentives, conferencing, exhibitions, and handles occasion administration.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the corporate reported US$23 billion in complete transaction quantity in 2018. It’s ranked fifth on the record of high incomes journey firms printed by Journey Weekly.
The group has existed in its current kind since 1994, the results of a 50%/50% merger of two massive journey businesses: the Ask Mr. Foster Journey Company chain, later referred to as Carlson Journey Community, and the journey company of Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits (actually sleeping automobile), based by Georges Nagelmackers in 1872 in Belgium and later acquired by Accor.
On April 27, 2006, Accor introduced the sale of its 50% curiosity in CWT: 5% to Carlson and 45% to One Fairness Companions, an affiliate of JP Morgan Chase.
On June 22, 2014, Carlson, which owned a 55% stake in CWT, agreed to amass the 45% curiosity in CWT held by JPMorgan Chase.
In July 2017, the corporate launched RoomIt by CWT, devoted to lodge distribution.
On February 18, 2019, the corporate introduced that it was rebranding as CWT.
On July 31, 2020, The Register reported that CWT was the sufferer of a ransomware incident every week earlier, wherein they paid US$4.5 million.
- “CWT at a look”.
- “Energy Record 2019”. Journey Weekly.
- Biesiada, Jamie (February 21, 2019). “CWT scrubs Carlson and Wagonlit from identify”. Journey Weekly.
- “Accor Divests Stake in Carlson Wagonlit Journey” (Press launch). Hospitality Web. 27 April 2006.
- “Carlson Pronounces It Will Take Full Possession of Carlson Wagonlit Journey” (Press launch). Enterprise Wire. June 22, 2014.
- Phelps, David (March 5, 2015). “Carlson board sharpens its focus”. Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- King, Danny (June 23, 2014). “Carlson to take full possession of Carlson Wagonlit Journey”. Journey Weekly.
- “Carlson Wagonlit Journey launches new division devoted to lodges – RoomIt by CWT”. CWT (Press launch). July 17, 2017.
- Chaturvedi, Anumeha (July 17, 2017). “Carlson Wagonlit Journey launches new division RoomIt devoted to lodges”. The Occasions of India.
- “CWT is the New Identify in Digital Enterprise Journey, Resort Distribution, and Conferences & Occasions”. CWT (Press launch). February 18, 2019.
- “First rule of Ransomware Membership is don’t pay the ransom, nevertheless it appears like Carlson Wagonlit Journey did not get the memo”. The Register (Press launch). July 31, 2020.