The Maryland Aviation Administration is working to make sure the security and safety of BWI Marshall Airport passengers and staff. MAA officers stay in shut contact with the U.S. Facilities for Illness Management (CDC), Maryland Division of Well being (MDH), U.S. Customs and Border Safety (CBP), the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) and different enterprise companions (airways, concessionaires, and so on.) to supply a protected surroundings for the airport neighborhood.
Maryland residents looking for data on the impression of coronavirus in Maryland ought to click on right here for the most recent from MDH.
The most recent coronavirus updates from the CDC might be discovered right here.
UPDATE: 2/1 at 5:00pm
– TSA is implementing provisions of President Biden’s Govt Order on Selling COVID-19 Security in Home and Worldwide Journey. Efficient tomorrow (February 2) TSA is requiring people to put on a masks at airport screening checkpoints and all through public transportation methods. This federal order (click on right here to be taught extra) is according to our present face masking necessities.
– BWI Marshall Airport transported almost 855,000 passengers in November. That is down 62.1% from November 2019. The November 2020 tally represents 45% of passengers within the Nationwide Capital Area.
– A CDC order, efficient January 26, requires these touring to america from one other nation to current a damaging COVID-19 check previous to journey. Click on right here for extra data.
– Maryland well being officers proceed to advise Marylanders touring exterior of Maryland and people who journey to Maryland to instantly get a COVID-19 check upon arrival in Maryland or inside 72 hours earlier than journey to Maryland. After coming back from journey, you’re required to self-quarantine for at the least 10 days, or till you obtain your check outcomes. For extra data, please go to https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/. Solutions to FAQs are additionally shared under.
UPDATE: 12/21 at 1:30pm
– Following Governor Larry Hogan’s announcement Thursday night urging Marylanders to restrict journey to important functions solely and to get examined if journey is taken. Extra data obtainable by clicking right here.
Under, we’re offering solutions to continuously requested questions associated to Thursday’s announcement.
Q1: How far prematurely do I have to get examined?
A1: Marylanders touring exterior of Maryland and people who journey to Maryland shall instantly get a COVID-19 check upon arrival in Maryland or inside 72 hours earlier than journey to Maryland. People are additionally strongly inspired to get a second COVID-19 check inside 72 hours of arrival in Maryland due to the COVID-19 incubation interval.
Extra data from the Maryland Division of Well being might be seen by clicking right here.
Journey to Washington, DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware and West Virginia by Marylanders is exempt from this testing requirement.
After coming back from journey, you’re required to self-quarantine for at the least 10 days, or till you obtain your check outcomes. For extra data, please go to https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/.
Q2: What if I’m touring to a different state after flying into BWI Marshall Airport?
A2: The testing requirement solely applies to vacationers with Maryland as their closing vacation spot. It doesn’t apply to interstate or worldwide vacationers passing by Maryland to a different state, together with by floor transportation, air or rail.
We propose following the steering of well being officers within the space of your keep. Study extra by clicking right here.
Q3: Do we have to current proof of damaging check on the airport?
A3: At the moment, proof of damaging testing doesn’t need to be proven on the airport. Nonetheless, we do suggest getting examined and having your damaging outcomes with you as you journey. As a substitute for testing, well being officers advise self-quarantining for at the least 10 days so long as you stay asymptomatic.
This autumn: Will I be denied entry on the airport if I don’t have a damaging check to current?
A4: No. We advise passengers to abide by final week’s directive from the Maryland Division of Well being. Click on right here to learn it in its entirety. State and native well being departments are ready to handle violations. We suggest passengers get examined and having your damaging outcomes with you as you journey. An inventory of testing websites is viewable by clicking right here.
– As of this morning, Wednesday (December 23) is projected to be the busiest journey day at BWI Marshall Airport since mid-March. These with a have to journey are suggested to reach 2 hours early, put on a face masking, keep social distancing and make the most of cellular boarding passes and fee when potential. These ready to choose up arriving passengers ought to achieve this in our Cell Cellphone Lot (click on right here for lot location).
UPDATE: 12/17 at 6:15pm
– Governor Larry Hogan has issued an emergency order limiting journey to important functions solely. Marylanders who journey out of state or people touring to Maryland should get hold of a damaging COVID-19 check or self-quarantine for 10 days. Study extra by clicking right here. An inventory of testing websites throughout Maryland might be discovered by clicking right here.
– Following a brief restraining order granted by an Anne Arundel County choose on Wednesday, airport eating places can be allowed to proceed to supply sit-down eating with a 25% capability restrict. We’ll proceed to submit updates concerning working hours of our concessions companions on the following hyperlink (click on right here for updates).
UPDATE: 12/15 at 4:15pm
– Public well being officers proceed to advise that those that do not need a necessity for journey this vacation season ought to keep dwelling and have fun with these of their family. Click on right here for CDC steering associated to the winter vacation season.
– To adjust to steering with native well being officers, indoor eating at airport eating places will briefly be suspended starting December 16 at 5pm EST. Many restaurant companions will proceed to supply carryout orders and grab-and-go objects. For the most recent concessions updates, please click on right here.
– COVID-19 testing is offered at lots of of areas throughout our area. Go to the Maryland Division of Well being web site (by clicking right here) to see a continuously-updated listing of testing websites throughout the state.
– Extra vacation journey data is offered with our Vacation Journey Information (obtainable by clicking right here).
UPDATE: 11/20 at 7:00pm
– Public well being officers recommend limiting non-essential journey this vacation season. Please adjust to COVID-19 protocols in the event you select to take to the skies. Click on right here to be taught extra about our journey preparation this vacation season. Extra data might be discovered with our Vacation Journey Information (click on right here to view).
– To adjust to steering with native well being officers, airport eating places seating capability is now capped at 25% whereas airport retail retailers are permitted 50% capability. See what’s open by clicking right here.
– The introduction of a Digital Info Desk is our newest effort to soundly ship premier customer support to our passengers. Beginning November 23, passengers can obtain help from a member of our Pathfinder group stationed in a protected, distant location. The Digital Info Desk is positioned close to Baggage Declare belts 1-5 operated by Southwest Airways.
– To assist accommodate a rise in passengers, TSA plans to open Safety Checkpoint A on November 24, 25, 28-30. Estimated safety checkpoint wait instances can be found on the homepage of BWIairport.com and on digital shows at every checkpoint.
UPDATE: 11/12 at 12:45pm
– As introduced Tuesday night by Governor Larry Hogan, the Maryland Division of Well being has issued an expanded journey advisory (click on right here to learn the total announcement). Marylanders are strongly suggested to keep away from nonessential journey to states with a COVID-19 positivity price exceeding 10% or a median case price of 20 instances per 100ok.
– Entry to the terminal stays restricted to ticketed passengers and badged staff. The decide up of arriving passengers ought to happen curbside (versus inside terminal areas comparable to Baggage Declare or different pre-security areas.
– Departing passengers can proceed to get pleasure from decreased parking charges at each our Hourly and Day by day Garages. See pricing and storage availability by clicking right here.
UPDATE: 11/5 at 2:45pm
– Evaluation of TSA knowledge signifies Friday is persistently the busiest day of the week for passenger site visitors at BWI Marshall Airport throughout this time of restoration. Four of our 5 highest counts of day by day screenings at safety checkpoints have been recorded on a Friday, together with Three Fridays in October.
– Our group has distributed 69,660 face coverings (up to now) to airport companions and passengers. The face coverings are free and offered to us by our federal authorities companions. Material face coverings can be found for no cost at Three Info Desks (Higher Stage between Spirit and United counters, Decrease Stage between Baggage Declare belts 9-10 and 12-13). Masks distribution takes place 7 day every week from 6:00am-4:00pm and from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
– A handful of airport eating places and retail retailers have reopened in current days. Greater than 50% of airport concessionaires are open, though many are working with restricted hours. See the most recent by visiting BWIairport.com/COVID19concessions.
UPDATE: 10/21 at 4:30pm
– Passenger site visitors at BWI Marshall Airport continues to rebound sooner than different airports within the Washington, DC area. BWI Marshall Airport captured greater than a 50% share of the area’s air passengers in in each June and July (the two most up-to-date months obtainable). These passenger counts are nonetheless a lower of greater than 60% from the identical interval one 12 months in the past.
– In accordance with TSA screening knowledge, September Four at present stands because the busiest day for departing passengers at BWI Marshall Airport for the reason that onset of the pandemic as 15,125 screenings have been carried out. The second-highest tally was recorded on October 9 with 14,057 screenings. Closing month-to-month passenger site visitors studies may also embrace arriving and connecting passengers.
– Entry to the terminal continues to be restricted to ticketed passengers and badged employees. These choosing up vacationers ought to wait in our Cell Cellphone Lot and decide up just-arrived passengers on the curb.
– Decreased parking charges stay obtainable at each our Hourly and Day by day Garages. Extra data right here
– We have now added Ambassador employees to assist monitor and implement social distancing on parking shuttles. The Ambassadors (seen in pink jackets or vests, additionally seen at safety checkpoints) are stationed at our Day by day Storage and the terminal throughout peak instances Thursday-Monday.
– Our airline companions have not too long ago introduced new route choices for our passengers. Boutique Air will supply nonstop service to Norfolk (ORF) starting November 1. Southwest Airways is increasing to Miami Worldwide Airport and can supply a number of day by day nonstops from BWI Marshall Airport starting November 15.
– Airways proceed to switch their flight schedules on a frequent foundation to attempt to meet modifications in demand. Please verify along with your airline for the most recent flight schedule data.
– The variety of concessions companions in operation continues to hover simply greater than 50%. Updates, together with modifications to working hours, might be seen right here. As well as, Minute Suites has opened in Concourse C providing passengers an space to comfortably chill out, work or sleep.
UPDATE: 9/4 at 12:30pm
– TSA studies 13,257 screenings have been carried out yesterday (September 3) at BWI Marshall Airport safety checkpoints. Greater than 15,000 screenings are anticipated to be carried out in the present day, the best tally in almost 6 months.
– U.S. Customs and Border Safety (CBP) will resume International Entry enrollment interview for candidates with scheduled interviews beginning Tuesday (September 8). The enrollment workplace at BWI Marshall Airport can be open Monday by Friday 1pm-4pm every day. Full particulars from CBP might be seen right here.
– Extra of our concessions companions have resumed operations in current weeks. Greater than 50% of airport eating places and retail retailers are actually open, with further openings deliberate all through the month of September. See the most recent rundown right here.
– Our Govt Director Ricky Smith not too long ago took a while to share ideas for passengers to remember all through this busy Labor Day weekend. Watch that video under or click on right here to view on YouTube.
UPDATE: 8/18 at 4:45pm
– Passenger site visitors continues to rebound at BWI Marshall Airport. TSA carried out 12,532 screenings at checkpoints on Sunday (August 16), probably the most in a single day since July 2. The 48,000+ screenings carried out within the Thursday-Sunday interval (August 13-16) is the best 4-day tally since mid-March.
– A continuously requested query on social media is “I’m touring for every week, the place do I park since your long run heaps are closed?” We’re providing discounted parking charges at each our Day by day and Hourly Garages. The $Eight day by day price in our Day by day Storage matches our common Lengthy Time period lot charges whereas the present $12 day by day price in our Hourly Storage is sort of half the common price. Extra data might be discovered right here.
– TSA has put in 14 Credential Authentication Expertise (CAT) models at BWI Marshall Airport. Most often, the CAT models remove the necessity for a passenger to current a boarding cross on the TSA doc verify podium. The CAT models are meant to supply a extra environment friendly course of and higher detect fraudulent paperwork on the safety checkpoint. Study extra from TSA right here.
– Airways proceed to switch (typically, tighten) their insurance policies concerning acceptable face coverings. Many airways now not deem face coverings with valves or vents as acceptable coverings. An outline is discovered right here. Please verify the most recent face masking insurance policies along with your airline previous to your journey.
For earlier (older) COVID-19 updates, please click on right here.
What You Can Do
– Keep dwelling in case you are sick
– Wash your arms continuously for at the least 20 seconds every time
– Avoiding contact your face with unwashed arms
– Keep away from shut contact with people who find themselves sick
– Cowl coughs and sneezes (use a tissue or inside your elbow)
– Clear and disinfect continuously touched surfaces
– Observe social distancing by keep an inexpensive distance (6 toes is really useful), particularly in case you are the next danger of changing into sick
– Put on a facemask in case you are sick
– What’s coronavirus?
o COVID-19 is a respiratory sickness that may unfold individual to individual. Click on right here for extra from the CDC.
– What are the signs of coronavirus?
o Fever, cough, shortness of breath OR 2 of those signs: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle ache, headache, sore throat, new lack of style or odor)
– How is it unfold?
o From person-to-person inside an in depth proximity (6 toes) by way of respiratory droplets produced when an contaminated individual sneezes or coughs (extra right here from the CDC)
– Are there journey restrictions in place?
o No home journey restrictions are in place. Click on right here for DHS data concerning worldwide restrictions.
– I’ve a flight booked in Three days, is it flying?
o Please verify along with your airline for flight-specific data inside 72 hours of your scheduled departure.
– Will the airport shut down?
o BWI Marshall Airport stays open. Plenty of measures have been carried out to assist guarantee the security of airport passengers and employees.
– Will airport eating places be open after I go to?
o Airport eating places and retailers are open, however with decreased working hours and meals service. Full service eating places might have their seating areas closed or restricted, however nonetheless supply carry-out choices. Extra data might be discovered right here.
– Ought to I put on a masks?
o The CDC recommends that everybody put on a material face masking over their nostril and mouth whereas touring. That is a further public well being measure not meant to exchange the follow of social distancing.