From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
< Bus Operation in the UK
Soar to navigation
Soar to go looking
- Discs – the bodily paper disks, considered one of which is issued per automobile authorised for use by an operator. These should be carried on the automobile when in use.
- Rent or Reward – any fee which supplies a passenger a proper to be carried, even when a passenger doesn’t subsequently journey. The fee might not all the time essentially be money. Oblique fee can be included, akin to funds to a resort that embrace journey to the resort.
- Native bus providers – A bus service the place passengers pay separate fares, and might alight inside 15 miles (24 kilometres) (because the crow flies) of their boarding level.
- Public Service Automobile (PSV) – a motorcar (aside from a tram), that matches inside both of the next two standards: a automobile tailored to hold greater than eight passengers, that’s used for carrying passengers for rent or reward; or a automobile not so tailored, however is used for carrying passengers for rent or reward at separate fares in the middle of a enterprise of carrying passengers.
- Transport Supervisor An individual, or individuals, inside a bus operator, answerable for authorized compliance. See The Roles & Duties of Transport Managers.
- “Public Service Automobile Operator Licensing: Information for Operators”. Archived from the unique on 21 December 2019. https://internet.archive.org/internet/20191221135806/https://belongings.publishing.service.gov.uk/authorities/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/194259/PSV_Operator_Licensing_Guide.pdf. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- Albert v Motor Insurers Bureau. 1971 three WLR 291
- “Run a neighborhood bus service: overview”. Archived from the unique on 21 December 2019. https://internet.archive.org/internet/20191221200207/https://www.gov.uk/run-local-bus-service. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- “Public Passenger Automobiles Act 1981”. 15 April 1981. pp. Chapter 14, P1. Archived from the unique on 21 December 2019. https://internet.archive.org/internet/20191221184333/http://www.laws.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/14/pdfs/ukpga_19810014_en.pdf. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- “Transport supervisor tasks”. 30 June 2014. Archived from the unique on 21 December 2019. https://internet.archive.org/internet/20191221193837/https://movingon.weblog.gov.uk/2014/06/30/transport-manager-responsibilities/. Retrieved 21 December 2019.