Flag-carrier and largest airline of France; a part of Air France–KLM Group
Air France (French pronunciation: [ɛːʁ fʁɑ̃s]; formally Société Air France, S.A.), stylised as AIRFRANCE, is the flag provider of France headquartered in Tremblay-en-France. It’s a subsidiary of the Air France–KLM Group and a founding member of the SkyTeam world airline alliance. As of 2013 Air France serves 36 locations in France and operates worldwide scheduled passenger and cargo companies to 175 locations in 78 international locations (93 together with abroad departments and territories of France) and likewise carried 46,803,000 passengers in 2019. The airline’s world hub is at Charles de Gaulle Airport with Orly Airport as the first home hub. Air France’s company headquarters, beforehand in Montparnasse, Paris, are positioned on the grounds of Charles de Gaulle Airport, north of Paris.
Air France was fashioned on 7 October 1933 from a merger of Air Orient, Air Union, Compagnie Générale Aéropostale, Compagnie Internationale de Navigation Aérienne (CIDNA), and Société Générale de Transport Aérien (SGTA). Through the Chilly Battle, from 1950 till 1990, it was one of many three principal Allied scheduled airways working in Germany at West Berlin’s Tempelhof and Tegel airports. In 1990, it acquired the operations of French home provider Air Inter and worldwide rival UTA – Union de Transports Aériens. It served as France’s main nationwide flag provider for seven many years previous to its 2003 merger with KLM.
In 2018, Air France and its regional subsidiary Hop carried 51.4 million passengers. Air France operates a blended fleet of Airbus and Boeing widebody jets on long-haul routes, and makes use of Airbus A320 household plane on short-haul routes. Air France launched the A380 on 20 November 2009 with service to New York Metropolis’s JFK Airport from Paris’ Charles de Gaulle Airport. Air France Hop (previously HOP!) operates nearly all of its regional home and European scheduled companies with a fleet of regional jet plane.
Formation and early years
Air France was fashioned on 7 October 1933, from a merger of Air Orient, Air Union, Compagnie Générale Aéropostale, Compagnie Internationale de Navigation Aérienne (CIDNA) and Société Générale des Transports Aériens (SGTA). Of those airways, SGTA was the primary industrial airline firm in France, having been based as Lignes Aériennes Farman in 1919. The constituent members of Air France had already constructed in depth networks throughout Europe, to French colonies in North Africa and farther afield. Throughout World Battle II, Air France moved its operations to Casablanca (Morocco).
In 1936, Air France added French-built twin engine Potez 62 plane to its fleet that includes a two compartment cabin that might accommodate 14 to 16 passengers. A excessive wing monoplane, it had a picket fuselage with composite coating whereas the wings have been material coated with a steel forefront. Geared up with Hispano-Suiza V-engines, they have been used on routes in Europe, South America and the Far East. Though cruising at solely 175 miles per hour, the Potez 62 was a strong and dependable workhorse for Air France and remained in service till the Second World Battle with one utilized by the Free French Air Pressure.
On 26 June 1945 all of France’s air transport firms have been nationalised. On 29 December 1945, a decree of the French Authorities granted Air France the administration of your complete French air transport community. Air France appointed its first flight attendants in 1946. The identical 12 months the airline opened its first air terminal at Les Invalides in central Paris. It was linked to Paris Le Bourget Airport, Air France’s first operations and engineering base, by coach. At the moment the community coated 160,000 km, claimed to be the longest on this planet. Société Nationale Air France was arrange on 1 January 1946.
European schedules have been initially operated by a fleet of Douglas DC-Three plane. On 1 July 1946, Air France began direct flights between Paris and New York by way of refuelling stops at Shannon and Gander. Douglas DC-Four piston-engine airliners coated the route in slightly below 20 hours. In September 1947 Air France’s community stretched east from New York, Fort de France and Buenos Aires to Shanghai.
By 1948 Air France operated 130 plane, one of many largest fleets on this planet. Between 1947 and 1965 the airline operated Lockheed Constellations on passenger and cargo companies worldwide. In 1946 and 1948, respectively, the French authorities authorised the creation of two non-public airways: Transports Aériens Internationaux – later Transports Aériens Intercontinentaux – (TAI) and SATI. In 1949 the latter grew to become a part of Union Aéromaritime de Transport (UAT), a non-public French worldwide airline.
Compagnie Nationale Air France was created by act of parliament on 16 June 1948. Initially, the federal government held 70%. In subsequent years the French state’s direct and oblique shareholdings reached virtually 100%. In mid-2002 the state held 54%.
On Four August 1948 Max Hymans was appointed the president. Throughout his 13-year tenure he would implement modernisation practices centred on the introduction of jet plane. In 1949 the corporate grew to become a co-founder of Société Internationale de Télécommunications Aéronautiques (SITA), an airline telecommunications companies firm.
Jet age reorganisation
In 1952 Air France moved its operations and engineering base to the brand new Orly Airport South terminal. By then the community coated 250,000 km. Air France entered the jet age in 1953 with the unique, short-lived de Havilland Comet collection 1, the world’s first jetliner.
Through the mid-1950s it additionally operated the Vickers Viscount turboprop, with twelve getting into companies between Could 1953 and August 1954 on the European routes. On 26 September 1953, the federal government instructed Air France to share long-distance routes with new non-public airways. This was adopted by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport’s imposition of an accord on Air France, Aigle Azur, TAI and UAT, underneath which some routes to Africa, Asia and the Pacific area have been transferred to non-public carriers.
On 23 February 1960, the Ministry of Public Works and Transport transferred Air France’s home monopoly to Air Inter. To compensate for the lack of its home community Air France was given a stake in Air Inter. The next day Air France was instructed to share African routes with Air Afrique and UAT.
The airline began uninterrupted jet operations in 1960 with the Sud Aviation Caravelle and the Boeing 707; jet airliners reduce journey occasions in half and improved consolation. Air France later grew to become an early Boeing 747 operator and ultimately had one of many world’s largest Boeing 747 fleets.
On 1 February 1963 the federal government formalised division of routes between Air France and its non-public sector rivals. Air France was to withdraw companies to West Africa (besides Senegal), Central Africa (besides Burundi and Rwanda), Southern Africa (together with South Africa), Libya in North Africa, Bahrain and Oman within the Center East, Sri Lanka (then often called Ceylon) in South Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore in Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand in addition to New Caledonia and Tahiti. These routes have been allotted to the brand new Union de Transports Aériens (UTA), a brand new non-public airline ensuing from the merger of TAI and UAT. UTA additionally acquired unique rights between Japan, New Caledonia and New Zealand, South Africa and Réunion island within the Indian Ocean, in addition to Los Angeles and Tahiti.
From 1974, Air France started shifting the majority of operations to the brand new Charles de Gaulle Airport north of Paris. By the early 1980s, solely Corsica, Martinique, Guadeloupe, most companies to French Guiana, Réunion, the Maghreb area, Jap Europe (besides the united states), Southern Europe (besides Greece and Italy), and one every day service to New York (JFK) remained at Orly. In 1974, Air France additionally grew to become the world’s first operator of the Airbus A300 twin-engine widebody aircraft, Airbus Industrie’s first industrial airliner for which it was a launch buyer.
Concorde service and rivalry
On 21 January 1976, Air France operated its inaugural supersonic transport (SST) service on the Paris (Charles de Gaulle) to Rio (by way of Dakar) route with Anglo-French BAC-Aérospatiale Concorde F-BVFA. Supersonic companies from Paris (CDG) to Washington Dulles Worldwide Airport started on 24 Could 1976, additionally with F-BVFA. Service to New York (JFK) – the one remaining Concorde service till its finish – commenced on 22 November 1977. Paris to New York was flown in Three hours 23 minutes, at about twice the pace of sound. Approval for flights to america was initially withheld as a consequence of noise protests. Ultimately, companies to Mexico Metropolis by way of Washington, D.C. have been began. Air France grew to become certainly one of solely two airways – British Airways being the opposite – to usually function supersonic companies, and continued every day transatlantic Concorde service till late Could 2003.
By 1983, Air France’s golden jubilee, the workforce numbered greater than 34,000, its fleet about 100 jet plane (together with 33 Boeing 747s) and its 634,400 km community served 150 locations in 73 international locations. This made Air France the fourth-largest scheduled passenger airline on this planet, in addition to the second-largest scheduled freight provider. Air France additionally codeshared with regional French airways, TAT being probably the most distinguished. TAT would later function a number of regional worldwide routes on behalf of Air France. In 1983 Air France started passenger flights to South Korea, being the primary European airline to take action.
In 1986 the federal government relaxed its coverage of dividing site visitors rights for scheduled companies between Air France, Air Inter and UTA, with out route overlaps between them. The choice opened a few of Air France’s most profitable routes on which it had loved a government-sanctioned monopoly since 1963 and which have been inside its unique sphere of affect, to rival airways, notably UTA. The modifications enabled UTA to launch scheduled companies to new locations inside Air France’s sphere, in competitors with that airline.
Paris-San Francisco grew to become the primary route UTA served in competitors with Air France continuous from Paris. Air France responded by extending some continuous Paris-Los Angeles companies to Papeete, Tahiti, which competed with UTA on Los Angeles-Papeete. UTA’s potential to safe site visitors rights outdoors its conventional sphere in competitors with Air France was the results of a marketing campaign to foyer the federal government to allow it to develop quicker, changing into extra dynamic and extra worthwhile. This infuriated Air France.
In 1987 Air France along with Lufthansa, Iberia and SAS based Amadeus, an IT firm (also called a GDS) that may allow journey businesses to promote the founders and different airways’ merchandise from a single system.
In 1988, Air France was a launch buyer for the fly-by-wire (FBW) A320 narrowbody twin, together with Air Inter and British Caledonian. It grew to become the primary airline to take supply of the A320 in March 1988, and together with Air Inter grew to become the primary airways to introduce Airbus A320 service on short-haul routes.
Acquisitions and privatisation
On 12 January 1990, the operations of government-owned Air France, semi-public Air Inter and wholly non-public Union de Transports Aériens (UTA) have been merged into an enlarged Air France. Air France’s acquisition of UTA and Air Inter was a part of an early 1990s authorities plan to create a unified, nationwide air provider with the economies of scale and world attain to counter potential threats from the liberalisation of the EU’s inner air transport market.
On 25 July 1994, a brand new holding firm, Groupe Air France, was arrange by decree. Groupe Air France grew to become operational on 1 September 1994. It acquired the Air France group’s majority shareholdings in Air France and Air Inter (subsequently renamed Air Inter Europe). On 31 August 1994, Stephen Wolf, a former United Airways CEO, was appointed adviser to the Air France group’s chairman Christian Blanc. Wolf was credited with the introduction of Air France’s hub and spoke operation at Paris Charles de Gaulle. (Wolf resigned in 1996 to take over as CEO at US Airways.)
In 1997, Air France Europe was absorbed into Air France. On 19 February 1999, French Prime Minister Lionel Jospin’s Plural Left authorities accepted Air France’s partial privatisation. Its shares have been listed on the Paris inventory trade on 22 February 1999. In June 1999, Air France and Delta Air Strains fashioned a bilateral transatlantic partnership. On 22 June 2000, this expanded into the SkyTeam world airline alliance.
Air France–KLM merger
On 30 September 2003, Air France and Netherlands-based KLM Royal Dutch Airways introduced the merger of the 2 airways, the brand new firm to be often called Air France–KLM. The merger grew to become actuality on 5 Could 2004. At that time former Air France shareholders owned 81% of the brand new agency (44% owned by the French state, 37% by non-public shareholders), former KLM shareholders the remaining. The choice of the Jean-Pierre Raffarin authorities to scale back the French state’s shareholding within the former Air France group from 54.4% to 44% of the newly created Air France–KLM Group successfully privatised the brand new airline. In December 2004 the state bought 18.4% of its fairness in Air France–KLM. The state’s shareholding in Air France–KLM subsequently fell to simply underneath 20%.
Air France–KLM grew to become the most important airline on this planet by way of working revenues, and third-largest (largest in Europe) in passenger kilometres. Though owned by a single firm, Air France and KLM continued to fly underneath their very own model names. Air France–KLM remained a part of the SkyTeam alliance, which then included Aeroflot, Delta Air Strains, Aeroméxico, Korean Air, Czech Airways, Alitalia, Northwest Airways, China Southern Airways, Air Europa, Continental Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Vietnam Airways and Saudi Arabian Airways. As of March 2004, The group employed 71,654 folks. As of March 2007, the group employed 102,422 personnel.
Open Skies enterprise
On 17 October 2007, the creation of a revenue and revenue-sharing transatlantic three way partnership between Air France-KLM and Delta Air Strains was introduced throughout a press convention at Air France-KLM’s headquarters. The enterprise grew to become efficient on 29 March 2008. It aimed to take advantage of transatlantic alternatives to seize a serious share of long-haul enterprise site visitors from London Heathrow Airport, which opened to unrestricted competitors on that day because of the “Open Skies” pact between the EU and US. It was envisaged that Air France and Delta would start 9 every day spherical journeys between London-Heathrow and locations within the US, together with a every day London (Heathrow) to Los Angeles service by Air France. As soon as the brand new Air France-Delta enterprise obtained antitrust immunity, it was to be prolonged to the opposite two transatlantic SkyTeam companions, enabling all 4 companions to codeshare flights in addition to to share income and revenue.
The brand new transatlantic three way partnership marks the Air France-KLM Group’s second main growth within the London market, following the launch of CityJet-operated short-haul companies from London Metropolis Airport which have been geared toward enterprise travellers within the Metropolis’s monetary companies business. Nonetheless, the every day London (Heathrow) to Los Angeles service was not as profitable as hoped, and was discontinued in November 2008.
On 12 January 2012, Air France-KLM introduced a three-year transformation plan, known as Remodel 2015, to revive profitability. The plan was to revive competitiveness by way of cost-cutting, restructuring the short- and medium-haul operations and quickly decreasing debt. The principle goal of this plan was to show Air France-KLM again right into a world participant by 2015. Air France had been shedding 700 million euros a 12 months. Because the monetary outcomes of 2011 demonstrated, the long-haul operations, additionally topic to rising competitors, wouldn’t be capable of offset these losses. On 22 February 2012, Air France launched its plan for the summer season schedule. Due to the unsure financial atmosphere, Air France-KLM set a restrict of 1.4% most enhance in capability from 25 March 2012 – 28 October 2012.
On 21 June 2012, Air France-KLM had introduced its resolution to chop slightly below 10% of the full 53,000 workforce (about 5,000 jobs) by the tip of 2013 in an try to revive profitability. The airline anticipated to lose 1,700 jobs by way of pure turnover and the remaining by voluntary redundancies. As of August 2012, the Remodel 2015 plan was accepted by floor workers and pilot unions however rejected by cabin crew unions.
Firstly of July 2012, it was introduced that Air France-KLM discovered companions for the brand new African start-up airline Air france, which was co-founded by six international locations in Central Africa to exchange the previous Air Afrique. However a number of issues and two companions, who determined to again out, delayed the implementation of the mission. Following its launch, Air france introduced it will start operations in 2013.
In September 2013, Air France launched a model new Economic system product together with an improved Premium Economic system seat and repair. It’s anticipated that the brand new enhancements can be fitted on plane from June 2014 onwards. In October 2013, Air France-KLM introduced it was writing off the 25% stake in Alitalia, because it was hesitant the struggling provider would receive the 300 million euros in financing. The group has denied Alitalia of extra funds as it’s presently struggling to restructure itself to profitability with the Remodel 2015 plan.
In December 2013, Air France introduced that Cityjet now not meets the quick haul wants of the group and is within the strategy of closing a take care of German agency Intro Aviation by the tip of Q1 of 2014.
In 2014, the airline was focused by a unfavourable publicity marketing campaign, spearheaded by PETA, for being the one main airline that allows the transport of primates for analysis.
On Four February 2014, the brand new enterprise product was unveiled, that includes a totally flat mattress from Zodiac Aerospace. The seat was fitted on Boeing 777 plane from June 2014 onwards. In September 2014, Air France introduced it will promote a Three % stake in journey know-how firm Amadeus IT Group for $438 million.
Late in 2015, Air France confronted a monetary disaster, which was exacerbated by a pilot’s strike in opposition to the airline. The airline answered the strike by asserting it will reduce some 2,900 jobs. In December 2015, Air France introduced the retirement of its final Boeing 747-400 with a particular scenic flight on 14 January 2016. The airline operated the 747 in a number of variants since 1970.
In January 2017, Air France obtained its first Boeing 787–9. In November, CityJet now not operated on Air France flights and the affected locations have been served by Air France and HOP! from then on.
In July 2017, Air France-KLM entered right into a multi-airline strategic partnership with Delta Air Strains, China Jap Airways and Virgin Atlantic, solidifying the present ties between the carriers. Below the settlement Delta and China Jap would every purchase 10% of Air France-KLM, whereas Air France-KLM would purchase 31% of Virgin Atlantic. In December 2019, the acquisition of Virgin Atlantic was cancelled.
Air France introduced it will terminate companies to Iran from September 2018, explaining the priority that the path to Iran is now not commercially viable because of the redefined US sanctions.
Company affairs and id
Air France’s head workplace is positioned within the Roissypôle advanced on the grounds of Charles de Gaulle Airport and within the commune of Tremblay-en-France, Seine-Saint-Denis, close to the town of Paris.Wil S. Hylton of The New York Occasions described the ability as “an enormous white field that squats close to the runways at Charles de Gaulle Airport.”
The 130,000-square-metre (1,400,000 sq ft) advanced was accomplished in December 1995. The French agency Groupement d’Etudes et de Méthodes d’Ordonnancement (GEMO) managed the mission. The architect was Valode & Pistre and the design consultants have been Sechaud-Boyssut and Trouvin. The mission price 137,000,000 euros (lower than 700 million francs). The runways of the airport are seen from the constructing. The Air France Operations Management Centre (OCC, French: Centre de Contrôle des Opérations, CCO), which coordinates Air France flights worldwide, is located on the AF head workplace.
For about 30 years previous to December 1995, Air France’s headquarters have been positioned in a tower adjoining to the Gare Montparnasse rail station within the Montparnasse space and the 15th arrondissement of Paris. By 1991 two bids for the acquisition of the Sq. Max Hymans constructing had been made. By 1992 the advanced was bought to Mutuelle générale de l’Éducation nationale(MGEN) for 1.6 billion francs. By that 12 months Air France had deliberate to maneuver its head workplace to Roissypôle, taking 50,000 sq. metres (540,000 sq ft) of house contained in the lodge, workplace, and procuring advanced on the grounds of Charles de Gaulle Airport. After Air France moved to Tremblay-en-France, the possession of the previous head workplace advanced was transferred.
On a earlier event the top workplace was at 2 rue marbeuf within the eighth arrondissement of Paris.
Air France’s United States workplaces are within the 125 West 55th Road constructing in Midtown Manhattan, New York Metropolis. Air France first signed a lease to occupy the constructing in 1991. The positioning additionally previously housed the New York Metropolis metropolis ticket workplace for Air France.
Air France-KLM’s head workplace for the UK and Eire operations, which incorporates amenities for Air France and KLM, is positioned in Plesman Home in Hatton Cross. The power’s inauguration was on 6 July 2006. Air France moved the workplace from Hounslow to Hatton.
Air France Cité PN, positioned at Charles de Gaulle Airport, acts because the airline’s crew base. The constructing, developed by Valode & Pistre, opened in February 2006. The primary section consisted of 33,400 sq. metres (360,000 sq ft) of house and 4,300 parking areas. The constructing is linked to the Air France head workplace.
Air France operates the Air France Vaccinations Centre within the seventh arrondissement of Paris. The centre distributes vaccines for worldwide journey. Since 2001 the centre was the one French vaccination centre licensed Worldwide Group for Standardization (ISO) 9001. In 2005 the centre moved from the Aérogare des Invalides to its present location.
Aérogare des Invalides
The Aérogare des Invalides within the seventh arrondissement of Paris homes the Agence Air France Invalides and the Air France Museum. Till 2005 the constructing hosted the Air France Vaccinations Centre. On 28 August 1959 Air France opened a ticket and knowledge company within the former air terminal in Invalides, concentrating on transit passengers and clients from workplaces and firms within the Invalides space.
Subsidiaries and franchises
The subsidiaries of Air France embrace:
Air France and Dutch affiliate Transavia fashioned Transavia France, a low-cost three way partnership in Could 2007, based mostly at Orly Airport.Air Corsica, CityJet and Air France Hop all function flights on behalf of Air France, both as subsidiaries or as franchisees.
As of January 2019, Air France was investigating the way it may shut down its low-cost subsidiary Joon and soak up its workers and plane into the mum or dad firm.
Air France Asie and Air France Cargo Asie
Owing to the disputed standing of Taiwan, Air France couldn’t function flights to the island underneath its personal title. In 1993, its subsidiary, Air Constitution, started working flights between Paris and Taipei by way of Hong Kong, however after Air Constitution ceased operations in 1998, a subsidiary known as Air France Asie was established. The airline was certainly one of various airline subsidiaries flying underneath the “Asia” title with the aim of flying to Taiwan, which included Japan Asia Airways (a Japan Airways subsidiary), KLM Asia, British Asia Airways, Swissair Asia, and Australia Asia Airways (a Qantas subsidiary).
The livery of Air France Asie differed from that of Air France by having blue and white stripes on the tailfin, slightly than blue, white and pink ones, representing the French Tricolour. Air France Asie used two Airbus A340-200 plane, F-GLZD and F-GLZE, and two Boeing 747-428Ms, F-GISA and F-GISC. Equally, Air France Cargo Asie used a 747-200 Combi (for passengers and freight), F-GCBH) or the all-cargo (F-GCBL, F-GPAN and F-GBOX). Air France Asie ceased operations in 2004 whereas Air France Cargo Asie ceased operations in 2007.
In 2010 Air France migrated from an internally managed Passenger service system (Alpha3) that manages reservation, stock and pricing to an exterior system (Altéa) managed by Amadeus. In rail ventures, Air France and Veolia are wanting into collectively working high-speed rail companies in Europe. Routes have change into accessible to operators in accordance with European rail liberalisation on 1 January 2010.
Air France’s current livery is a “Eurowhite” scheme, comprising a white fuselage with the blue Air France title and design. The tail is white with a collection of parallel pink and blue traces throughout the tail at an angle, and a small European flag on the high. This livery has been in use because the late 1970s. Previous to the “Eurowhite” livery, Air France plane had a bare-metal underside, extending as much as a blue cheat-line that ran throughout the cabin home windows. Above the cheat-line the fuselage was once more white, with Air France titles and a French flag. The tail was white with two thick blue traces, which tapered from the rear of the tail and met at level in direction of the entrance backside. This fundamental livery, with minor variations, would seem on all post-war Air France plane till the late 1970s.
In January 2009, to coincide with Air France’s new emblem, a brand new livery was unveiled. Air France rolled out its new livery on 11 February 2009. The 2009 livery noticed the tail barely modified; there are actually Three blue bars working down as an alternative of Four beforehand. The bars additionally now curve on the backside, reflecting the design of the brand. In 2017, Air France obtained their first Boeing 787 with a revised livery which included bigger Air France titles. In 2019, Air France revised the livery with the arrival of the Airbus A350, with blue winglets that includes the hippocampe ailé. On the identical time, Air France returned the custom of naming every of their plane, with the title written underneath the entrance cabin home windows.
The brand new official music performed earlier than and after Air France flights (throughout boarding and after touchdown) is ‘The World Can Be Yours’ by Telepopmusik. Air France has used completely different well-liked music teams for its advertising and on-board atmosphere, starting from The Chemical Brothers in 1999 to Telepopmusik in 2010.
Air France launched a brand new advert marketing campaign in 2015 designed by BETC and directed by We Are From LA, specializing in French tradition. Together with the advert marketing campaign and print adverts, Air France additionally launched a equally themed security video. The music is a customized model of Glass Sweet’s music Heat within the Winter.
Air France uniforms denote the ranks for the flight attendants. Two silver sleeve stripes denote a Chief Purser. One silver sleeve stripe denote a Purser. Flight attendants shouldn’t have any sleeve stripes. The feminine cabin crew uniforms characteristic the stripes on the breast pocket slightly than the sleeve for his or her male counterparts. Air France’s present uniforms have been created by French clothier Christian Lacroix.
Upon its formation, Air France adopted the seahorse emblem of its predecessor Air Orient, often called the hippocampe ailé (typically derisively known as “la crevette” – or shrimp – by its workers), as its insignia. Previous to the Air France-KLM merger, the hippocampe ailé was used on the nostril part of plane subsequent to the Groupe Air France title; after the merger, the Air France-KLM emblem was substituted on the nostril space, and the hippocampe ailé was relocated to engine nacelles. The acronym “AF” has additionally featured prominently on the airline’s flag and its signage. On 7 January 2009, Air France formally modified its emblem to a pink stripe.
As of 2019, Air France flies to 36 home locations and 175 worldwide locations in 93 international locations (together with Abroad departments and territories of France) throughout 6 continents. This contains Air France Cargo companies and locations served by franchisees Air Corsica, CityJet and HOP!. Most of Air France’s worldwide flights function from Paris-Charles de Gaulle. Air France additionally has a robust presence at Paris-Orly, Lyon-Saint-Exupéry, Marseilles Provence, Toulouse Blagnac, Good Côte d’Azur and Bordeaux-Merignac airports.
- Charles de Gaulle Airport: Air France’s intercontinental and largest hub, with 335 every day departures. Additionally it is a hub for Air France’s subsidiary HOP!.
- Orly Airport: Air France’s second largest hub serving 40 locations around the globe, it’s also a hub for Air France’s subsidiaries HOP! and Transavia France. Lengthy-haul flights are primarily operated to locations in French abroad departments.
- Lyon–Saint-Exupéry Airport: Air France’s third largest hub serving 37 locations in France and Europe, additionally a hub for Air France’s subsidiary HOP!.
- Marseille Provence Airport: That is Air France’s latest hub as a part of its offensive within the French areas. It serves 30 locations in France, Europe and Africa.
- Good Côte d’Azur Airport: Air France flies to 4 locations from Good.
- Toulouse–Blagnac Airport: Air France flies to 14 locations from Toulouse.
Air France codeshares with the next airways:
Air France have Interline agreements with the next airways:
On 16 September 2011, Air France-KLM introduced orders for 50 Airbus A350s and Boeing 787s with 60 choices, to be operated by each Air France and KLM. Air France-KLM has a dedication for 37 Boeing 787s, 25 immediately and 12 leased, of which 16 are earmarked for Air France to exchange some A340-300s, subsequent A340s would get replaced by Airbus A350s from 2019. The primary Boeing 787-9 entered into service with KLM in 2015 and with Air France in early 2017.
Air France-KLM has 28 A350s on agency order. In June 2019 the group introduced a revision of the unique order with Air France changing into the only real operator of the Airbus A350, with KLM solely working Boeing 787s, together with six initially earmarked for Air France. The primary Airbus A350-900 (named Toulouse) was delivered to Air France on 27 September 2019.
Air France operates a fleet of all 4 variants of the Airbus A320 ceo household plane with a complete of 114 jets. In July 2019 a primary order was introduced as a part of changing its narrowbody fleet. The smaller Airbus A318 and A319 fleet might be changed by 60 Airbus A220-300s beginning in 2021. Air France must reduce emission by half by 2024 for flights inside mainland France as a part of situations of a €7 billion state help from France. In consequence, Air France plans to position extra Airbus A220 onto its home community.
The 5 Air France Concordes have been retired on 31 Could 2003, because of inadequate demand following the 25 July 2000 crash of AF Concorde F-BTSC, at Gonesse (close to Charles de Gaulle Airport), in addition to greater gas and upkeep prices. British Airways flew its final Concorde service on 24 October 2003. Concorde F-BVFA was transferred to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Heart at Washington Dulles Worldwide Airport. F-BVFB was given to the Sinsheim Auto & Technik Museum in Germany, F-BTSD to the Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace at Le Bourget Airport in Paris, whereas F-BVFC returned to its place of manufacture in Toulouse, on the Airbus manufacturing unit. F-BVFF is the one instance to stay at Charles de Gaulle Airport.
The airline began working the 747 on Three June 1970, when a 747-100 was put into service that was delivered 20 March that 12 months. It might go on to function the -200, -300 and -400 variants. In January 2016, Air France lastly retired its final Boeing 747–400. They have been changed by Airbus A380s and Boeing 777-300ERs. Freighter variations have been changed by Boeing 777Fs.
Air France signed as a launch buyer for the Airbus A380-800 “superjumbo” in 2001. Air France had ordered 12 Airbus A380-800 plane, with choices on an extra two. Air France was the primary airline in Europe to function the A380. The primary A380 was delivered on 30 October 2009, and the Paris to New York route was used as the primary route. All of Air France’s Airbus A380s depart from the airline’s worldwide hub at Charles de Gaulle Airport in Terminal 2E (Fundamental Terminal, Satellites Three and 4). In 2018, the Chairman and CEO of Air France-KLM, Benjamin Smith introduced the airline would retire 50% of the Airbus A380 fleet by 2021 as a consequence of costly prices, poor effectivity, and in favor of including extra Airbus A350-900s and Boeing 787 Dreamliners to the fleet. Air France is simply retiring the 5 plane that have been leased to the airline by not renewing their leases and as an alternative of returning them on to Airbus. The 5 Airbus A380 plane purchased by Air France will proceed service from 2020 onwards with renewed cabins.
On 23 June 2019, Air France-KLM started contemplating eradicating all of their Airbus A380s sooner than deliberate as a consequence of considerations that investments for cabin retrofitting and economics wouldn’t work. Which means if Air France-KLM makes the choice to take away all their Airbus A380s sooner than deliberate, the non-leased Airbus A380s won’t ever be seen with retrofitted and modernized cabins.
In August 2019, Air France-KLM revised retirement plans on the Airbus A380 and introduced that your complete Airbus A380 fleet can be retired by 2022. This can result in Air France-KLM eliminating all quad-jet planes from their fleet by 2022 excluding the three KLM Cargo Boeing 747-400ERFs operated by Martinair. As an alternative Air France-KLM will consider the Airbus A330neo plane and/or extra Airbus A350s and Boeing 787s as substitute plane to exchange the A380 fleet as an alternative their unique plan of refurbishing 50% of the Airbus A380 fleet with modernized cabins. Air France-KLM introduced a further order in December 2019 for 10 extra Airbus A350-900s, supposed for Air France, to exchange the 9 remaining Airbus A380s and enhance the Airbus A350 fleet dimension from 28 to 38 plane. This could assist make up capability that might be left behind as soon as the Airbus A380 is retired however might be extra environment friendly than the Airbus A380. On 2 January 2020, Air France retired its first A380. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Air France-KLM retired its 9 remaining A380s by Could 2020 as an alternative of 2022.On 26 June 2020 operates the farewell flight with a tour over France on the A380.
Air France presents a mixture of three and 4 cabin configurations for worldwide lengthy haul routes, that includes La Première (choose plane), Enterprise, Premium Economic system and Economic system. Private screens with audio video on demand is accessible in all cabins on all long-haul plane. European short-haul and medium-haul flights characteristic a 3 cabin configuration with Enterprise, Premium Economic system, and Economic system.
La Première, Air France’s long-haul firstclass product, is accessible on chosen Boeing 777-300ER plane. The Première cabin options wooden and leather-based seats which recline 180°, forming two-metre lengthy beds. Every seat incorporates a 10.4″ touchscreen private display with interactive gaming and audio video on demand, a privateness divider, automassage characteristic, studying gentle, storage drawer, noise-cancelling headphones, private phone, and laptop computer energy ports. Every passenger can also be supplied with a personalised coat service, pure merino wool blanket, a “boudoir-style” cushion, and a journey equipment that includes Biologique Recherche facial and physique care merchandise to moisturize and refresh the pores and skin. Turndown service features a mattress, a cover, hypoallergenic feather pillow, sleepwear, a mud bag for sneakers, and a pair of slippersÀ la carte on-demand meal companies characteristic entrées created by Chef Man Martin. Non-public lounge entry is obtainable worldwide that includes a chauffeured automotive to the plane. La Première will not be accessible on the Airbus A330-200, Airbus A340-300, Boeing 777-200ER and chosen Boeing 777-300ER plane the place Enterprise is the best cabin class. 4-class 777-200ER and 777-300ER configurations are geared up with 4 and eight La Première seats respectively.
Enterprise, Air France’s long-haul enterprise class product, is accessible on all lengthy haul plane. Enterprise options angled lie-flat seats which recline to 2 metres in size. Every seat features a 10.4″ touchscreen TV monitor with interactive gaming and AVOD, studying gentle, private phone, and laptop computer energy ports. Meal service options three-course meals and a cheese service, or an categorical menu served shortly after takeoff.
Air France has launched a model new enterprise class product, the seat is a Zodiac Aerospace Cirrus and is designed by Mark Collins of Design Funding, specialised on this planet of high-end transportation and by the design and branding company, Brandimage. The brand new seat can be put in on the Boeing 777 plane from June 2014 till summer season 2016, all different plane sorts would then be retrofitted aside from the Boeing 747-400, Airbus A380, and Airbus A340-300 as they have been to be retired from the fleet by 2016, 2019, and 2020 respectively. A complete of two,102 seats can be put in. The brand new cabin incorporates a 1-2-1 structure versus the 2-3-2 structure discovered presently on the 777. The brand new 16-inch (41 cm) display presents a novel onboard navigation expertise just like a pill. With a totally redesigned person interface and accessible in 12 languages (French, English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese language, Japanese, Korean, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Arabic), selecting an leisure program from over 1,000 hours of leisure. The seat converts into a totally flat mattress with 180 levels recline, it incorporates a touchscreen distant management, USB port, common electrical outlet, new noise cancelling headphones, privateness display, an Air France signature padded headboard, ample space for storing, adjustable headrest, and a cover with XXL feather down pillow.
Premium Economic system
Premium Economic system, is Air France’s premium economic system product for lengthy haul flights, which grew to become accessible on the Boeing 777-200ER, 777-300ER, Airbus A330-200 in late 2009 and early 2010. The seats have been additionally put in on the previous Airbus A340-300 between late 2009 and early 2010 and Airbus A380-800 in late 2010 and early 2011. It’s a devoted cabin part with a 2-4-2 (2-3-2 on the lengthy haul Airbus fleet and 3-3-Three for Alize on the 777-300 serving Indian Ocean and Caribbean routes) configuration with 38″ pitch (36″ for lengthy haul Alize seats), 123° reclining fastened shell seats, together with an adjustable headrest, a 10.4″ touchscreen, private studying lamp, common energy ports, and an adjustable leg relaxation (40% more room, in comparison with Voyageur seats; the seats are 20% wider and supply 20% extra legroom). There are 32 on the Boeing 777-300ER, 24 on the Boeing 777-200 and 21 on the Airbus A340-300 & A330-200 (between the Enterprise and Economic system cabin). Passengers obtain double baggage allowance, precedence airport companies, lounge entry (for a charge), and further frequent flier mileage. On board, enterprise class facilities embrace Sennheiser noise-cancelling headphones, an amenity equipment (that includes socks, eye masks, toothbrush & toothpaste, and earplugs), improved blankets, and an enhanced meal service with second scorching meal, candies, and ice-cream all served with actual glass and steel cutlery. A brand new improved Premium Economic system seat utilizing the identical shell was launched from June 2014 on the Boeing 777 plane, that includes higher cushioning and improved foot relaxation, including consolation to the passenger.
Economic system, Air France’s economic system class lengthy haul product, options seats that recline as much as 118°. The present long-haul Economic system seat, which debuted on the Boeing 777-300ER, contains winged headrests, a private phone, and a touchscreen TV monitor with AVOD Interactive Leisure System which have been put in on all of Air France’s lengthy haul fleet. On lengthy haul flights, a menu is offered with a selection of two meals. Quick and medium haul Economic system companies are operated by Airbus A320 household plane with completely different seating preparations. Air France is without doubt one of the few airways who options winged headrests on quick to medium haul plane in each lessons. On quick haul flights a snack is served, whereas on medium haul flights a 3 course chilly meal is served. Free alcoholic drinks can be found on all flights, together with champagne. On most plane, Air France presents further legroom seats in economic system known as Seat Plus. These seats are positioned within the economic system class exit rows and different rows relying on the aircraft, in addition to the economic system seats on the 747’s higher deck, providing no less than 4″ extra seat pitch(36″ versus the standard 32″ in normal economic system seats), the 747’s Seat Plus part additionally supplies an additional half-inch of seat width. Seat Plus costs differ by flight time, however it’s free to elites and passengers with a full fare economic system ticket.
Air France has launched a model new economic system lengthy haul product which incorporates a new slimline seat offering as much as an inch extra legroom, wider desk, common electrical sockets, retractable armrests, winged leather-based headrests, extra space for storing, excessive definition 10-inch screens that includes the most recent in flight leisure with a USB port, a headphones holder, and newly designed pillows that includes completely different patterns of the Air France emblem. The seats can be put in together with the brand new La Première, Enterprise, and Premium Economic system seats from June 2014 until summer season 2016 on the Boeing 777 plane, the core of the fleet. All different plane can be retrofitted besides the Airbus A340-300s, Airbus A380-800s, and Boeing 747-400s as all three sorts can be retired by 2020.
For La Première, Air France’s firstclass menu is designed by Man Martin, chef of Le Grand Vefour, a Michelin three-star restaurant in Paris. Menu gadgets embrace hors d’oeuvres, entrées, bread basket, and cheeses, together with a dessert cart together with pastries, petit fours, and tartlets. On long-haul flights, Air France additionally serves complimentary champagne to passengers in all lessons.
Air France presents Audio Video on Demand (AVOD) in all cabins on all lengthy haul plane. The in flight leisure system options a number of channels of video, audio, music, and video games. Air France Journal, the airline’s in-flight publication, is included at every seat, and Air France Madame, a vogue luxurious journal with a female perspective, is included in La Première and Enterprise cabins and lounges. On all flights, all movies could also be watched in English, Spanish, and French. Chosen movies on all flights are additionally accessible in Chinese language, Japanese, Hindi, and Korean. The airline presents Berlitz Worldwide language programs by way of the in-flight leisure system.
On 29 Could 2013, KLM and Air France launched a pilot to check inflight Wi-Fi. Each airways have geared up one Boeing 777-300ER of every of their fleets with Wi-Fi. Utilizing the inflight Wi-Fi, passengers can keep on-line utilizing their Wi-Fi enabled smartphones, laptops, or tablets. Wi-fi service would start as soon as the flight has reached 20,000 ft.
Air France lounges are often called Le Salon, and are open to La Première, Enterprise, and Premium Economic system passengers, in addition to Flying Blue Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus members. Worldwide, there are 530 Air France and Skyteam lounges in 300 worldwide airports on each continent besides Antarctica.
Flying Blue, the frequent flyer program of Air France-KLM, awards members factors based mostly on miles travelled and sophistication of service. Membership into this system is free. This system is split into normal (Explorer), Elite (Silver) and Elite Plus (Gold and Platinum) statuses. Explorer is the essential degree which is attained upon entry into this system. Elite standing is attained by accruing a sure variety of miles inside one calendar 12 months. Elite Silver, Elite Plus Gold, and Elite Plus Platinum playing cards have added advantages. An invite-only card known as Membership 2000 is attributed to some VIPs, celebrities and politicians. Formally, it supplies the identical advantages as Platinum standing however quite a few sources verify it virtually ensures improve to Enterprise or La Première. Flying Blue succeeded Air France’s earlier frequent flyer program, Fréquence Plus, which operated till the Air France-KLM merger in 2003.
In well-liked tradition
- Air France is the official airline of the Cannes Movie Competition.
- Air France “flight 273” is the aircraft that “Chat Noir” in “Magic Kaito 1412” episode 18: Golden Eye (Half 2): Child vs Chat Noir Showdown, makes use of to flee.
On 14 November 2008, Air France launched the primary image of an Airbus A320 that had been repainted within the full 1946 paint scheme to have fun the airline’s 75th anniversary. This heritage plane was deliberate to fly underneath the particular colors till early 2010. In 2013 the plane was withdrawn from use for scrapping,
Incidents and accidents
Air France have been concerned in various main accidents and incidents. The deadliest accident of the airline occurred on 1 June 2009, when Air France Flight 447, an Airbus A330-203, crashed into the Atlantic Ocean with 228 fatalities.
- “Air France names Anne Rigail as new head of airline”. Reuters. 12 December 2018. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- “Monetary statements 2016” (PDF). Retrieved 2 October 2020.
- Salpukas, Agis (27 December 1992). “Air France’s Large Problem”. The New York Occasions. Archived from the unique on 18 June 2009. Retrieved 31 Could 2009.
- “Air France – Firm Overview”. Hoover’s. 2009. Archived from the unique on 27 April 2009. Retrieved 31 Could 2009.
- “File site visitors in 2018 for Air France-KLM: greater than 100 million passengers carried”. Air France-KLM Group. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- “regional.com”. www.regional.com. Archived from the unique on 19 October 2006.
- “For Air France: The Potez 62: Cruising Pace of 175 mph with Fourteen Passengers”. Flight, 21 March 1935, p. 304.
- “Ordonnance n°45-1403 du 26 juin 1945 portant nationalisation des transports aériens” (in French). Legifrance.gouv.fr. Archived from the unique on 5 June 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “Air France: Historical past”. Air France. Archived from the unique on 5 June 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “Air France (Airline, France)”. Flag of the World. Archived from the unique on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Marson, Peter, “The Lockheed Constellation Collection”, Air-Britain (Historians) Ltd, 1982, ISBN 0-85130-100-2, pp. 137–141
- Aeroplane – Airline of the Month: UTA – 5-star unbiased, Vol. 109, No. 2798, p. 4, Temple Press, London, Three June 1965
- “The Altering Nature of French Dirigisme” (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the unique on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Aeroplane – Airline of the Month: UTA – 5-star unbiased, Vol. 109, No. 2798, pp. 4–6, Temple Press, London, Three June 1965
- “Airliner Traditional: Airbus A300 – the start for a large: key.Aero, Industrial Aviation”. Key.aero. Archived from the unique on 28 April 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “A long time of secure flying come to an finish”. The Birmingham Publish. Questia On-line Library. 26 July 2000. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Richard Aplin; Joseph Montchamp (1 April 1999). A dictionary of up to date France. Taylor & Francis. p. 453. ISBN 978-1-57958-115-2.
- Rahn, Kim. “Air France Celebrates 25th Years in Korea.” The Korea Occasions. 25 September 2008. Retrieved on 29 June 2010.
- “France – The Function of Competitors Coverage in Regulatory Reform” (PDF). Organisation for Financial Co-operation and Improvement. 2003.
- “COMPETITION LAW AND POLICY IN FRANCE” (PDF). Organisation for Financial Co-operation and Improvement. 1998.
- “FRANCE FROWNS ON COMPETITION”. www.joc.com. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- “Chargeurs Worldwide”. Solutions.com. Archived from the unique on 28 June 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “Amadeus Historical past – 1987 – Amadeus is born!”. Amadeus. Amadeus.com. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- “Evènements aéronautiques de l’année 1988”. Aeroweb-fr.internet. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “Pilot who discovered the correct trajectory”. Monetary Occasions. 30 September 2007. Archived from the unique on 9 June 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Leonhardt, David (31 August 1994). “Air France’s New Adviser”. The New York Occasions. Archived from the unique on 10 Could 2013. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Assertion from Air France Group Chairman concerning Stephen M. Wolf. Enterprise Wire, 16 January 1996[dead link]
- “Listing: World Airways”. Flight Worldwide. 27 March 2007. pp. 56–57.
- “AIR FRANCE – KLM Firm Profile”. Yahoo! Finance. Archived from the unique on 28 August 2007. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “Air France and Delta goal London”. Monetary Occasions. 17 October 2007. Archived from the unique on 10 Could 2008. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “Air France And Delta Set Transatlantic Enterprise”. Airwise. 17 October 2007. Archived from the unique on 16 Could 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Engle, Jane. “Air France will refund or reroute LAX-Heathrow fliers”. Los Angeles Occasions. Retrieved 9 Could 2009.
- “ActionAir – Decembre 2013” (PDF). December 2013.
- “Remodel 2015: progress report at Air France” (PDF). Four October 2013.
- “Air France-KLM: over half means by way of ‘Remodel 2015’ plan, “extra measures” are nonetheless wanted”. CAPA – Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- “Air France to chop 5,000 jobs by the tip of 2013”. BBC. 21 June 2012.
- “AIR FRANCE-KLM : les pilotes approuvent le plan Remodel 2015” (in French). Capital.fr. 26 February 2014. Archived from the unique on 5 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- N. Tchallabes (25 July 2012). “New probability for the successor of Air Afrique, Air Cemac”. Volaspheric.blogspot.de. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Air France unveils new economic system and premium economic system”. Enterprise Traveller. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Clark, Nicola (31 October 2013). “Air France-KLM Writes Off Alitalia Stake” – by way of NYTimes.com.
- “CityJet’s disposal by Air France-KLM is underneath means, however what is going to occur after the Intro? | CAPA”. Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Lazare, Lewis (Three December 2014). “PETA concentrating on Air France to cease delivery monkeys by way of O’Hare”. Chicago Enterprise Journal. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- “Air France slammed for transporting lab monkeys”. The Native FR. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Meikle, James (20 Could 2014). “Jane Goodall and Peter Gabriel urge Air France to cease ferrying lab monkeys”. The Guardian. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Tidy, Joe (5 Could 2014). “Animal Testing Marketing campaign Inflicting Trade Disaster”. Sky Information. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Rothman, Andrea (Four February 2014). “Air France Installs Enterprise-Class Beds to Match Rivals”. Bloomberg. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Air France to reap 339 million euros in money from Amadeus shares” (Press launch). Reuters. 10 September 2014.
- “Air France to chop 2,900 jobs studies say”. 2 October 2015 – by way of www.bbc.com.
- aero.de – “Air France bids farewell to the Jumbo” (German) Eight December 2015
- “Air France”. Air France. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- cnn.com on-line article dated 28 July 2017;”4 enormous airways on three continents are making a digital super- airline;”https://cash.cnn.com/2017/07/27/information/firms/delta-airfrance-virgin-china-tie-up/index.html
- Branson Drops Air France Deal to Maintain Management of Virgin Atlantic Bloomberg 2 December 2019
- Editorial, Reuters. “British Airways, Air France halting flights to Iran from subsequent month”. U.S. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- “Head Workplace” Archived 10 February 2010 on the Wayback Machine, Air France. Retrieved on 9 February 2010.
- “Plan interactif.” Tremblay-en-France. Retrieved on 20 September 2009.
- “AIR FRANCE HEAD QUARTERS – Roissypôle.” Groupement d’Etudes et de Méthodes d’Ordonnancement (GEMO). Retrieved on 20 September 2009.
- “Air France Archived 23 August 2009 on the Wayback Machine.” Tremblay-en-France. Retrieved on 20 September 2009.
- “Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle.” Tremblay-en-France. Retrieved on 20 September 2009. “Roissypôle réunit dans un cadre architectural moderne des infrastructures indispensables aux entreprises pour lesquelles le contact avec l’worldwide est une necessité quotidienne. La cité d’affaires desservie par le RER accueille le siège social d’Air-France, le Hilton aisni que les bureaux du Continental sq. et du dôme.”
- Hylton, Wil S. (Four Could 2011). 5 “What Occurred to Air France Flight 447?”. The New York Occasions. Retrieved on 5 Could 2011.
- “Le futur siège d’Air France devrait coûter près de 700 thousands and thousands[permanent dead link].” Les Échos. 27 March 1992. Web page 12. Retrieved on 23 February 2010.
- “Air France au bord des pistes.” Le Journal du Internet. Retrieved on 7 July 2010. “Depuis la fenêtre de son bureau, Jean-Cyril Spinetta peut voir les avions de sa compagnie décoller et attérir.”
- “The Air France Operations Management Centre (OCC) Archived 13 June 2011 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France. 9 September 2009. Retrieved on 10 April 2011.
- “Fonctionnement du CCO Archived 6 July 2011 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France. 9 September 2009. Retrieved on 10 April 2011.
- Mlekuz, Nathalie. “Air France vole vers ses avions, vacation spot Roissy.” Le Monde. 2 April 1997. Retrieved on 22 September 2009. “Situé pendant plus de trente ans dans une des excursions au-dessus de la gare Montparnasse, le siège d’Air France se trouve désormais près de l’aéroport de Roissy.”
- “Deux offres pour l’achat du siège d’Air France[permanent dead link].” Les Échos. 25 September 1991. Web page 12. Retrieved on 26 November 2009.
- “Air France toujours à la recherche de capitaux frais[permanent dead link].” Les Échos. 20 January 1992. Web page 12. Retrieved on 23 December 2009. “Air France a pu boucler son exercice 1991 en incorporant la dotation en capital de 2 milliards de francs consentie par l’Etat-actionnaire, 1,25 milliard apportés par la BNP contre des obligations remboursables en actions (ORA), ainsi que le produit de la vente de son siège à la MGEN (1,6 milliard).”
- Chenay, Christophe de. “Une ville pousse entre les pistes de Roissy Il ne manquera que des logements pour faire de Roissypôle une véritable cité Mais le projet inquiète les communes environnantes.” Le Monde. 13 September 1992. Retrieved on 20 January 2010. “Le transfert du siège d’Air France qui quittera le quartier Montparnasse en 1995 pour Roissypôle devrait donner une légitimité aux ambitions immobilières.”
- “Roissypôle ouvre ses portes[permanent dead link].” Les Échos. 1 October 1992. Web page 23. Retrieved on 20 January 2010. “Et le goupe Air France va y installer son nouveau siège social sur 50.000 mètres carrés en 1995.”
- “Air France à Roissy: le décollage du siège social[permanent dead link].” Les Échos. 1 June 1995. Web page 32. Retrieved on 22 September 2009. “au terme d’un transfert rigoureusement planifié par la vente de l’ancien siège de Montparnasse.”
- “Rapport remaining de la fee d’enquête sur l’accident survenu 29 août 1960 au giant de Dakar.” (Archive) Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile. 10 September 1963. p. 575. Retrieved on 28 January 2013. “Propriétaire : compagnie nationale Air France, 2, rue Marbeuf, à Paris (8e)”
- “Air France in america Archived 6 January 2011 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France. 11 June 2007. 15 (15/16). Retrieved on 13 February 2010. “The Air France “United States” regional administration is positioned in New York: 125 West 55th Road, New York, NY 10019 Tel: (212) 830–4000.”
- “Air France leases 29,500 sf at Avenue of the Americas Plaza Archived 19 January 2012 on the Wayback Machine.” Actual Property Weekly. 10 July 1991. Retrieved on 24 February 2011.
- “AIR FRANCE and KLM have fun official inauguration of recent workplace in London.” on the Wayback Machine (archived 27 February 2012) Air France. 6 July 2006. Retrieved on 13 February 2010. Archived from the unique, 27 February 2012
- Valode & Pistre – Initiatives -> Thematic -> Workplace -> Air France Cité PN Archived 17 July 2011 on the Wayback Machine. Valode & Pistre. Retrieved on 28 June 2010.
- “Nous Situer.” Air France Vaccinations Centre. Retrieved on 5 Could 2010.
- “Vaccinations Centre Archived 6 Could 2010 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France. Retrieved on 5 Could 2010.
- “La safety au quotidien.” Air France Vaccinations Centre. Retrieved on 5 Could 2010.
- B. H. “Twingo travaillaient à la chaîne La station Simplon ne rouvrira qu’en novembre Le centre de vaccinations d’Air France déménage.” Le Parisien. 10 August 2005. Retrieved on 5 Could 2010. “Le centre de vaccinations internationales d’Air France quittera samedi le terminal de la compagnie aux Invalides (VII e ) pour emménager à deux pas, au… 148, rue de l’Université (Paris VII e ).”
- “Agences Air France Paris Archived 30 January 2011 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France. Retrieved on 22 June 2010.
- “Contact Us.” Air France Museum. Retrieved on 22 June 2010.
- “1959–2009 The 50th anniversary of the Air France ticket company at Les Invalides Archived 28 July 2011 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France. Thursday 27 August 2009. Retrieved on 22 June 2010.
- “Subsidiaries protecting the wants of the markets Archived Four July 2010 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France. Retrieved on 21 June 2010.
- “ISO Album” (PDF). quali-audit.aero. Archived from the unique (PDF) on 23 June 2010. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- Airliner World (January 2007)
- “Subscribe to learn”. Monetary Occasions. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- French plans for Taipei, South China Morning Publish, Eight September 1993
- FRANCE’S TAIWAN POLICY: A CASE OF SHOPKEEPER DIPLOMACY, Jean Pierre Cabestan, 2001
- Air France, Veolia plan high-speed rail enterprise Reuters, Eight September 2008
- “Air France’s new livery retains a lot of present scheme”. Flight Worldwide. Archived from the unique on 12 February 2009. Retrieved 11 February 2009.
- ““Air France Music” takes off” (Press launch). Air France. 16 March 2010. Archived from the unique on Four December 2010. Retrieved Three August 2010.
- “Air France Carry A Little bit of Parisian Aptitude To Our Screens”. The Design Air. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- “Air France presents new uniforms designed by Lacroix”. USA In the present day. Four April 2005. Retrieved Three August 2010.
- “AVIATION: Pegasus a la Francaise”. Time. 23 January 1956. Archived from the unique on 9 July 2010. Retrieved Three August 2010.
- “Air France’s Hippocampe and BOAC’s Speedbird: the semiotic standing of logos”. French Cultural Research. Archived from the unique on 22 January 2016.
- “Profile on Air France”. CAPA. Centre for Aviation. Archived from the unique on 30 October 2016. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- “New codeshare settlement between Air France”. www.copaair.com. Retrieved 2 October 2020.
- “QANTAS AND AIR FRANCE RENEW PARTNERSHIP TO OFFER CUSTOMERS MORE TRAVEL OPTIONS BETWEEN AUSTRALIA AND FRANCE”. Qantas Information Room.
- “Air France-KLM Indicators Codeshare Settlement with Singapore Airways and SilkAir”. Air France KLM. 13 April 2017.
- “Singapore Airways And SilkAir Signal Codeshare Settlement With Air France-KLM”. www.singaporeair.com. Archived from the unique on 9 December 2018. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- “Air France/Widerøe begins codehare-service from July 2018”. Routesonline.
- “Air France KLM pronounces the order of 110 Airbus A350 and Boeing 787 plane” (PDF) (Press launch). Air France-KLM. 16 September 2011.
- 2016, UBM (UK) Ltd. “Air France plans 787-9 debut in Jan 2017”. Retrieved 1 October 2016.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors checklist (hyperlink)
- Jens Flottau (20 April 2017). “Air France Anticipates 2018 Narrowbody Plane Determination”. Aviation Each day. Aviation Week.
- Bailey, Joanna (27 September 2019). “Air France takes supply of first A350”. Aviation Each day.
- “Air France orders 60 A220s and pronounces retirement of A380”. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Thomas, Leigh (29 April 2020). “Air France should reduce emissions, home flights for help: minister”. Reuters. Retrieved 22 Could 2020.
- Hepher, Tim; Frost, Laurence (7 Could 2020). “Planemakers delay deliveries as disaster hits manufacturing – Air France-KLM CEO”. Reuters. Retrieved 22 Could 2020.
- “Celebrating Concorde”. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- “When Concorde First Flew, It Was a Supersonic Sight to Behold”. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- “Concorde F-BVFB”. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- “Aérospatiale-BAe Concorde Sierra Delta 213 F-BTSD Air France”. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- “Air France Concorde F-BVFC & F-WTSB”. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- “Concorde F-BVFF – De Gaulle Worldwide Airport – Paris, France”. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- “Orders and Deliveries: Boeing 747.” The Boeing Firm. Retrieved: 1 March 2018.
- “Air France retires 747”. Archived from the unique on 15 January 2016.
- “Air France Accelerates Boeing 747 Retirement Schedule”. Routes. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- “ASIATravelTips.com, 18 June 2001 – Air France confirms main A380 order”. Sydney Morning Herald. Asiatraveltips.com. 18 June 2001. Archived from the unique on 27 Could 2011. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Smith, Oliver (5 December 2018). “Airline ditches half its A380s: Why nobody desires the superjumbo”. Traveller.
- “Air France Debates Retiring Their A380s Early”. 23 June 2019.
- “Evolution of the Air France-KLM fleet”. Air France KLM. 30 July 2019.
- “Air France-KLM orders a further 10 A350 XWBs” (Press launch). Airbus. 11 December 2019.
- Stringfellow, Brian (2 January 2020). “Air France’s First Airbus A380 Has Been Retired”. Easy Flying. Retrieved Four January 2020.
- Air France Retiring All Airbus A380s Instantly Forbes 20 Could 2020
- “Air France schedules final A380 flight on 26JUN20; A380 2009 – 2020 operations”. Routesonline. Retrieved 2 October 2020.
- “/// [Événement AF380] dernier vol en A380 pour les salariés d’Air France”. Retrieved 2 October 2020.
- “Air France – Company : Livraison du nouveau Boeing 777 à Air France” (PDF). Air France. Archived from the unique (PDF) on 14 November 2011. Retrieved Three Could 2011.
- “La Première – First Class – Consolation – Air France airline”. Airfrance.co.uk. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Air France unveils its new Enterprise class seat: a cocoon within the sky : Air France – Company”. Company.airfrance.com. Four February 2014. Archived from the unique on 1 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Air France reçoit son 50e Boeing 777 et lance une Tempo premium”.
flying to New York, Tokyo, Singapore, Beirut, Beijing, Hong Kong and Osaka
- “Air France Premium Consolation”. Airfrance.us. Archived from the unique on 28 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Economic system Europe”. AirFrance. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- “Economic system – intercontinental Caribbean/Indian ocean – On the airport”. AirFrance. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- “The brand new Economic system seat, optimum consolation for all : Air France – Company”. Company.airfrance.com. 25 September 2013. Archived from the unique on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Forbes – First-Class Cooks Take Flight”. Forbes. 26 October 2006. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Heger, Monica (6 November 2008). “There may be such factor as a very good airline meal”. NBC Information. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- Ryan Rager. “Air France Madame”. Echo-media.com. Retrieved 31 Could 2011.
- “Air France KLM in Asia Pacific Archived 6 January 2011 on the Wayback Machine.” Air France-KLM. 27. Retrieved on 27 June 2010.
- “Air France and KLM launch inflight Wi-Fi” (Press launch). KLM. 29 Could 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- “lounges on the airport, situations for admission to lounges”. Air France. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Les cartes dont raffolent les grands dirigeants : Membership 2000 d’Air France” (in French). Journaldunet.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Vols intercontinentaux, Choix des sièges et surclassement .. : Le café des hôtesses de l’air et stewards”. Pnc-contact.com. Archived from the unique on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- “Air France Flying Blue”. Archived from the unique on 23 February 2012.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url standing unknown (hyperlink)
- “Air France Reaching for the Stars”. Archived from the unique on 29 June 2009.
- “Golden Eye”. detectiveconanworld.com.
- “Concours de photographs d’avions, du 15 mai au 15 août 2009”. Roissy, France: Air France. 15 Could 2009. Archived from the unique on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2011.
- “LE COURRIER AIR FRANCE PARTENAIRE DE L’ÎLE-DE-FRANCE JANVIER 2009” (PDF). Air France. 2009. p. 3. Archived from the unique (PDF) on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2011.
- “Photograph of F-GFKJ”. Toulouse, France: Airliners.internet. 20 November 2008. Retrieved 6 March 2011.
- “Aviation Photograph #2676266: Airbus A320-211 – Air France”. Airliners.internet. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- Air France company historical past
- Air France deadly accident checklist – in English and French
- Monetary Occasions, 17 October 2007 – Air France and Delta goal London
- Airwise, 17 October 2007 – Air France And Delta Set Transatlantic Enterprise
- FT.com/Enterprise Life, The Monday Interview, 30 September 2007 – Pilot who discovered the correct trajectory
- The Seattle Occasions, Enterprise & Expertise, 25 Could 2007 – Air France-KLM splits order for jets
- ASIATravelTips.com, 18 June 2001 – Air France confirms main A380 order
- M.R. Golder, The Altering Nature of French Dirigisme – A Case Research of Air France, St. Edmunds Corridor, Oxford. Thesis submitted at Trinity School, 1997
- The New York Occasions, 31 August 1994, Air France’s New Adviser
- File of Air France accidents/incidents on the ASN Aviation Security Database