Flag provider of the Folks’s Republic of China
Air China Restricted (Chinese language: 中国国际航空公司) is the flag provider and one of many main airways of the Folks’s Republic of China, with its headquarters in Shunyi District, Beijing. Air China’s flight operations are primarily based primarily at Beijing Capital Worldwide Airport. In 2017, the airline carried 102 million home and worldwide passengers with a mean load issue of 81%.
Air China was established and commenced operations on 1 July 1988 on account of the Chinese language authorities’s determination in late 1987 to separate the working divisions of Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC Airways) into six separate airways: Air China, China Jap, China Southern, China Northern, China Southwest, and China Northwest. Air China was given chief accountability for intercontinental flights and took over the CAAC’s lengthy haul plane (Boeing 747s, 767s, and 707s) and routes.
In January 2001, the previous CAAC’s ten airways agreed on a merger plan, based on which Air China was to amass China Southwest Airways. Earlier than this acquisition, Air China was the nation’s fourth largest home airline. The merger created a bunch with property of 56 billion Yuan (US$8.63 billion), and a fleet of 118 plane. In October 2002, Air China consolidated with the China Nationwide Aviation Holding and China Southwest Airways.
On 15 December 2004, Air China was efficiently listed on the Hong Kong and London Inventory Exchanges.
In 2006, Air China signed an settlement to affix the Star Alliance. It turned a member of the alliance on 12 December 2007 alongside Shanghai Airways.
In July 2009, Air China acquired $19.Three million of shares from its troubled subsidiary Air Macau, lifting its stake within the provider from 51% to 80.9%. One month later, Air China spent HK$6.Three billion (US$813 million) to lift its stake in Cathay Pacific from 17.5% to 30%, increasing its presence in Hong Kong.
Growth since 2010
In April 2010, Air China accomplished the rise of shareholdings in Shenzhen Airways and have become the controlling shareholder of Shenzhen Airways, permitting Air China to additional improve its place in Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai in addition to obtain a extra balanced home community.
On 2 December 2010, Air China obtained Spain’s highest tourism trade award, the “Plaque for Vacationer Benefit.” Air China was the primary overseas airline to obtain the award, which is given to organisations and people contributing to the Spanish tourism trade.
On 23 December 2010, Air China turned the primary Chinese language airline to supply mixed tickets that embody home flights and shuttle bus providers to close by cities. The primary mixed flight-shuttle bus ticket linked Tianjin through shuttle bus with home flights passing via Beijing.
Air China started providing free Wi-Fi web service on board its plane on 15 November 2011, making it the primary Chinese language provider to supply this service. Nevertheless the service isn’t allowed on smartphones, solely tablets and laptops.
In 2012, after stress from PETA, Air China said that it will not transport monkeys to laboratories. PETA welcomed the airline’s announcement.
On July 3, 2013 in time for the corporate’s 25th anniversary, Air China efficiently examined Wi-fi LAN in flight. It was the primary world satellite tv for pc Web flight in Mainland China.
In early 2015 it was introduced that the airline had chosen the Boeing 737 Subsequent Era and 737 MAX for its fleet renewal programme of 60 plane. The deal, with a worth of over $6 billion at present record costs, has but to be finalised.
The entity Air China Restricted was registered in 2003, and its shares started buying and selling in Hong Kong and London on December 15, 2004. Initially the airline company entity was Air China Worldwide, which was based 2002 Air China Worldwide integrated China Southwest Airways and the air transportation providers of the China Nationwide Aviation Company, turning into a brand new entity.
The Air China HQ Constructing (simplified Chinese language: 国航总部大楼; conventional Chinese language: 國航總部大樓; pinyin: Guó Háng Zǒngbù Dàlóu), the company headquarters, is positioned in Zone A of the Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone (simplified Chinese language: 天竺空港工业区; conventional Chinese language: 天竺空港工業區; pinyin: Tiānzhú Kōng Gǎng Gōngyèqū) in Shunyi District, Beijing. The corporate registered workplace is on the ninth flooring of the Blue Sky Mansion (simplified Chinese language: 蓝天大厦; conventional Chinese language: 藍天大廈; pinyin: Lántiān Dàshà), additionally in Zone A of the Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone.
The enterprise brand of Air China consists of an inventive phoenix sample, the identify of the airline written in calligraphy by former nationwide chief Deng Xiaoping, and “AIR CHINA” in English. The phoenix brand can be the creative transfiguration of the phrase “VIP”. Air China is a member of the Star Alliance.
Air China is based in its hub of Beijing Capital Worldwide Airport (IATA:PEK), the place it operates quite a few lengthy vary plane on routes to North America, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Its fleet is made up of an assortment of Boeing and Airbus plane, together with: Boeing 737s, 777s, 747s, 787s together with Airbus A319s, A320s, A321s and A330s. Air China additionally operates a second hub in Chengdu Worldwide Airport, the place it primarily flies home routes, in addition to Shanghai Pudong Worldwide Airport, the place many worldwide routes served.
Air China’s route community extends all through Asia to the Center East, Western Europe, and North America from its hubs at Beijing Capital Worldwide Airport and Chengdu Shuangliu Worldwide Airport. It additionally at present reaches a big variety of Asian, Australian and European locations from Shanghai. Some worldwide routes function from Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Hangzhou, Kunming and Xiamen. It is among the few world airways that fly to all six liveable continents.
On 10 December 2006, Air China started serving its first South American vacation spot, São Paulo-Guarulhos (through Madrid-Barajas). This was the airline’s longest direct flight. The service was initiated with a Boeing 767-300ER, however as a result of elevated demand, the service has been upgraded to an Airbus A330-200, and later a Boeing 787-9.
Common flights between mainland China and Taiwan began in July 2009. Because of the political standing of Taiwan, all Air China airframes that function flights to and from Taiwan are required to cowl the flag of the Folks’s Republic of China on the fuselage.
Air China launched its new Airbus A330-300 to long-haul operations starting with providers to Düsseldorf, Germany in summer season 2011. These plane offered the identical two-class cabin customary because the Airbus A330-200 besides that the economic system cabin had no seat-back leisure system put in (apart from the primary two economic system rows which additionally had elevated legroom). Düsseldorf is now the third German vacation spot on the Air China community. The airline launched a brand new Beijing-Milan-Malpensa service on 15 June 2011, complementing the airline’s present service to Milan from Shanghai.
Deliveries of the provider’s 19 new Boeing 777-300ERs commenced in mid-2011, with the plane forming the brand new “spine of its future longhaul operations.” The brand new Boeing 777-300ERs changed the Boeing 747-400s on routes to U.S. locations similar to Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco, however was anticipated to first enter service on flights to Paris from March 2012. The Boeing 777-300ER started to exchange most 747 service as soon as ample numbers entered the fleet. Air China expanded its operations in India with a Beijing-Mumbai route begun in September 2011, whereas the prevailing Delhi route was upgraded to the A330. The airline additionally launched service to Mumbai from Chengdu on 2 Could 2012. The airline started utilizing the Boeing 777-300ER on one in all its two each day Beijing-Los Angeles flights on 1 February 2012. Within the late-2012’s to early 2013’s, the airline changed the Boeing 747-400s servicing the New York and San Francisco routes with the Boeing 777-300ER. With the addition of the Boeing 777-300ERs on the US routes, Air China elevated frequency on the Beijing-New York route, altering the flights from 7 to 11 flights per week by including two new flights to the route (CA989/990). On 21 January 2014, the airline launched its service to Hawaii with flights from Beijing to Honolulu, the primary nonstop flights between the 2 cities. The airline additionally elevated the frequency of service on the Beijing-Houston Intercontinental route from 4 instances weekly to each day service from 30 March 2014. Starting 10 June 2014, Air China launched new nonstop service from Beijing to Washington-Dulles, operated by a Boeing 777-300ER. As of September 29 2015, Air China additionally launched a Three instances weekly flight to Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau Worldwide Airport in a codeshare with Air Canada. The Montreal flight was prolonged to Havana from 27 December 2015.
Air China began its direct flights to Johannesburg, South Africa from 29 October 2015.
Air China codeshares with the next airways:
Air China have Interline agreements with the next airways:
As of September 2020[update], the Air China fleet consists of the next plane:
PhoenixMiles (Chinese language: 凤凰知音; pinyin: feng huang zhī yīn, actually “Phoenix Companion”), is the frequent flyer program of Air China and its subsidiary Shenzhen Airways, Shandong Airways, Tibet Airways and Dalian Airways. That is the primary frequent flyer program launched in mainland China. It was designed to reward frequent flyers touring internationally and domestically with Air China and its associate airways.
Air China Cargo
Air China Cargo, is a subsidiary of Air China, that focuses on freight supply and doesn’t transport passengers. It operates routes throughout Asia, Europe and North America with its fleet of Boeing 747-400Fs, Boeing 757-200PCF and Boeing 777F.
Top notch is obtainable on all Boeing 747-400, Boeing 747-Eight and Boeing 777-300ER, and was supplied on all Airbus A340-300 and all Boeing 747-400M. First Class on the 777-300ER and 747-Eight is Air China’s newest flagship product, with 1.98m lengthy convertible beds, and that includes 23 inch AVODs at each seat. First Class on the 747-400 has 80 inch seat pitch, swiveling seat energy, and absolutely flat mattress recline. First Class on the 747-400 is one in all two lessons that sports activities AVOD screens. It’s named Forbidden Pavilion as a result of its place within the cabin.
For retired plane, the First Class on the A340 additionally had a 180 recline however had a smaller display screen. The First Class on the 747-400M was the identical as the total passenger -400 variant however was as a substitute positioned contained in the nostril on the primary deck as a substitute of between the #1 and a couple of doorways seen on full passenger 747-400s. On Boeing 767-300s, First Class was specified by a 2-1-2 configuration, with wider seats than enterprise. These seats didn’t supply any particular person inflight leisure choices. Boeing 767-200s and 767-300ERs didn’t supply First Class seats. On Boeing 777-200s previous to 2013 inside replace, First Class had a 2-2-2 configuration, with private screens with out AVOD performance.
Please be aware that in home flights, Enterprise class on narrow-body jets are also known as First Class.
Enterprise class is obtainable on all Air China plane, and was supplied on all of Air China’s former plane.
Enterprise Class on narrow-body plane have been usually in a 2-2 configuration with out private leisure screens on the entrance of the plane, in two rows.
On the Boeing 777-300ER, Enterprise Class could be positioned on the entrance of the cabin in a 2-2-2 configuration. The seats have been gray with full recline and IFE screens.
The Enterprise Class on the Boeing 787 could be positioned on the entrance of the cabin in a 2-2-2 configuration, that are much like merchandise on that of 777-300ERs. The seats have been darkish blue and cocoon formed with seat-back IFE screens.
The Enterprise Class on the Airbus A330 could be positioned in a small space on the entrance of the cabin. On newer A330s, Enterprise Class would have gentle blue rectangle-like seats, with two studying lights positioned between seats in a 2-2-2 configuration and seat-back screens could be offered. These seats present full recline. On older A330s, the screens could be smaller and there could be no cupboard space between screens, and a recline of 165 levels.
These plane function Air China’s newest product, launched in August 2018 with the supply of the primary Airbus A350. The seats function a reverse herringbone sort association on the entrance of the cabin in Eight 1-2-1 configurated rows. The seats could be full flat reclinable, together with a shoulder belt for security. There aren’t any mid-overhead bins, permitting the cabin to feel and appear larger. There would even be aisle entry to all seats, and 18-inch HD IFE screens.
On Boeing 747s, Enterprise Class are positioned within the nostril of the plane and the Higher Deck, with a painted collage of the Summer season Palace, which symbolizes good luck in China. The seats had partial recline, with a touch-screen perform and distant perform IFE display screen on the again of seats and likewise positioned within the armrests. It was positioned in a 2-2-2 configuration on the again, with 2-2 rows persevering with to the entrance and on the Higher Deck. These seats function seat-back AVOD screens.
Retired Huge-Physique Plane
Enterprise Class on the Airbus A340 could be similar to what is obtainable on the Boeing 747-400, besides that there’s a 2-2-2 configuration with AVOD screens. Boeing 747-400M plane solely had enterprise class positioned on the higher deck whereas Top notch and Economic system have been on the primary deck, with merchandise much like Boeing 747-400. Boeing 767s and 777-200s featured armchair seats. On 767s they have been organized in a 2-2-2 configuration, whereas on 777s, they have been organized in a 2-3-2 configuration previous to 2013 inside replace. Boeing 777-200s featured IFE screens whereas 767s didn’t. After the 2013 inside replace, 777-200s featured a Enterprise Product much like Boeing 777-300ER and Boeing 787, however with out IFE screens.
Premium Economic system Class
Premium economic system is obtainable on all of Air China’s Airbus A330-300, Airbus A350-900, Boeing 747-Eight and Boeing 787-9.
The Premium Economic system class on the A350-900 is the most recent product, with additional recline and greater screens in a 2-4-2 configuration. Premium Economic system on A330-300s, 747-8s and 787-9s have been seats with additional legrooms than Economic system. In older A330s, these seats additionally featured AVOD screens and headrests, which the Economic system Class didn’t.
Economic system Class
Economic system class is obtainable on all Air China plane. IFE with AVOD performance is obtainable on Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 787-9, Airbus A350-900, Boeing 747 and newer Airbus A330 plane with totally different display screen sizes and totally different methods from Panasonic and Telez. Common energy port and USB availability is totally different upon plane.
Accidents and incidents
- On 16 December 1989, CAAC Flight 981 (operated by Air China), a Boeing 747-200BM (B-2448), was hijacked whereas flying the Beijing-Shanghai-San Francisco-New York Metropolis route. The hijacker’s supposed vacation spot was Gimpo Worldwide Airport in Seoul, South Korea, however after South Korean authorities refused permission to land, the plane landed in Fukuoka Airport in Fukuoka, Japan. The hijacker was injured after being pushed out of the plane and was apprehended by Japanese authorities. The remainder of the passengers and the crew have been unhurt, and the plane returned to Beijing later that day.
- On 10 August 1993, Air China Flight 973, a Boeing 767 was hijacked after takeoff from Beijing en path to Jakarta. A 30-year-old Chinese language man handed a handwritten be aware to a flight attendant demanding to be flown to Taiwan. He threatened that his “confederate” would destroy the plane except he was flown to Taiwan. He was carrying a shampoo bottle containing a combination of hydrochloric and nitric acids, and he threatened to disfigure close by passengers with the acid except his calls for have been adopted. The plane was flown to Taipei Worldwide Airport, the place the hijacker surrendered.
- On 10 October 1998, Air China Flight 905, a Boeing 737-300 flying the Beijing-Kunming-Yangon route was hijacked by its pilot to Chiang Kai-shek Worldwide Airport in Taiwan. The pilot and his spouse have been apprehended by Taiwanese authorities. The passengers and the crew have been unhurt, and the plane returned to mainland China later that day. This incident was the final hijacking to Taiwan of a mainland Chinese language civilian plane.
- On 15 April 2002, Air China Flight 129, a Boeing 767-200ER from Beijing to Busan, South Korea, crashed right into a hill whereas attempting to land at Gimhae Worldwide Airport throughout inclement climate, killing 129 of the 166 individuals on board. That is Air China’s solely deadly accident to this point.
- On 27 August 2019, Air China Flight 183, an Airbus A330-343X from Beijing to Tokyo, Japan, was broken past restore as a result of a cargo hearth whereas on the bottom at Beijing simply shortly earlier than departure. Nobody was injured.
- On 23 September 2020, Air China Flight 4230, an Airbus A321neo (B-305G) working from Fuzhou to Chengdu, was diverted to Changsha Huanghua Worldwide Airport after a passenger was discovered to have died of suicide within the plane’s toilet.
Air China’s inflight journal Wings of China confronted accusations of racism after they said “London is mostly a protected place to journey, nonetheless precautions are wanted when coming into areas primarily populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black individuals.” of their September 2016 subject. On Eight September 2016, Air China issued an apology. Air China Media, which publishes the Wings of China journal, stated it wished to apologise to “readers and passengers who’re feeling uncomfortable”. It added: “This inappropriate description… was purely a piece mistake by the editors and it isn’t the journal’s views…We are going to instantly recall this complete subject of magazines and draw classes from this incident.”
- “Air China 2017 Annual Report”. Air China. 2011.
- “About Air China”. Star Alliance. Archived from the unique on 18 October 2015. Retrieved 6 Could 2015.
- “Air China Annual Report 2017” (PDF). Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- “Listing: World Airways”. Flight Worldwide. 27 March 2007. p. 55.
- Ng, Eric, “Air China Set to Announce Lead Financial institution for Itemizing,” South China Morning Publish, Bus. Sec., July 16, 2001, p. 4.
- Holland, Tom, “China Break-In,” Far Jap Financial Evaluation, October 25, 2001, p. 41.
- “Air China plans to purchase 15 new planes”. Seattle Publish-Intelligencer. Related Press. 30 October 2002. Archived from the unique on 6 February 2011. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- Air China will increase stake in Air Macau to virtually 81%, Air Transport Intelligence information, 12.07.2010
- Air China to Increase Cathay Pacific Stake to 30% (Update2) Archived 2012-07-17 at WebCite, By Bloomberg Information, August 17, 2009
- Air China acquires majority stake in Shenzhen Airways, Air Transport Intelligence information, 22/03/10
- Air China Obtained Prime Tourism Award TN World Journey Business Information, Dec 3, 2010
- “air china launches flight shuttle bus mixed ticket for home routes”. Antara Information. Archived from the unique on Four April 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- “Broadband looking at 32,000 ft: Air China introduces new quick web service”. 17 April 2014. Retrieved Eight September 2016.
- “Air China begins free Wi-Fi service on flights, however not for cellphones”. Skift. Four July 2013. Retrieved 24 Could 2019.
- Wadman, Meredith. “Air China will not fly analysis primates”. Nature. Archived from the unique on Four April 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- 国内航班首试空中上网服务_中国经济网――国家经济门户 (in Chinese language). China Financial Web. Archived from the unique on 29 June 2016. Retrieved Eight September 2016.
- “Air China”. Airliner World: 17. March 2015.
- “Company Social Accountability Report 2010.” (Archive) Air China. p. 7. Retrieved on October 12, 2012. “Headquarter location No. 30, Tianzhu Street, Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone, Beijing, China”
- “Membership.” (Archive) IATA. Retrieved on October 12, 2012. “Air China Restricted West sixth Ground Air China HQ Constructing No 30 Tianzhu Street Tianzhu Airport Financial Growth Zone Beijing China (Folks’s Republic of) 100621”
- 联系我们 (in Chinese language). Air China. Archived from the unique on 13 October 2012. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- “Interim Report 2012.” (Archive) Air China. Retrieved on October 12, 2012. “The registered workplace of the Firm is positioned at ninth Ground, Blue Sky Mansion, 28 Tianzhu Street, Zone A, Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone, Shunyi District, Beijing 101312, the PRC.”
- “Hainan Airways set to determine Chengdu base”. ch-aviation. 22 January 2017. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- “Historical past of Air China”. SeatMaestro. Retrieved 27 Could 2019.
- “Air China Expands With Second Day by day Nonstop Flight From Los Angeles to Beijing”. Prnewswire.com. 12 January 2011. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Enterprise Customary (1 July 2011). “Air China expands India operations”. Enterprise Customary India. Enterprise-standard.com. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Christine Boynton (19 January 2012). “Air China begins changing 747s with 777s on US routes”. ATWOnline. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- “New York to Beijing routes elevated from one flight to 2 flights per day”. Four April 2013.
- “Air China commences new route”. Archived from the unique on 19 February 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Houston Airport System (14 January 2014). “Air China Expands Nonstop Houston-Beijing Service To Day by day”. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- “Air China to Start Beijing-Washington Nonstop Service”. wallstreet-online.de. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- “Air China to Launch Beijing-Montreal Flights in Cooperation with Air Canada”. newswire.ca. Archived from the unique on 31 Could 2015. Retrieved 28 Could 2015.
- “Air China places direct path to SA on maintain”. Information24. 29 Could 2015. Archived from the unique on 13 Could 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- “Profile on Air China”. CAPA. Centre for Aviation. Archived from the unique on 29 October 2016. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- 24 January 2017. “Air China Fleet in Planespotters.internet”. Planespotters.internet. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Air China – Plane Data Airchina.com Retrieved 2016-11-23
- 24 January 2017. “Air China Cargo Fleet in Planespotters.internet”. planespotters.internet. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- “Air China Fleet in Planelogger.com”. Planelogger.com. Retrieved 28 June 2020.
- [讨论]国内航司A320neo、B737max订单情况对比，A/B基本相当. bbs.feeyo.com (in Chinese language). Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- 27 Could 2013. “Air China orders 100 Airbus A320 planes”. cargonewsasia.com. Archived from the unique on 22 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- “Air China to take first A350 in early August”. atwonline.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- “Air China’s present order”. Archived from the unique on 20 October 2019. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- Drum, Bruce (22 June 2014). “Air China is progressively phasing out the Boeing 747-400”. World Airline Information. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Used Primarily in Beijing to SFO and JFK serviceShih, Kai-Chin. “Air China Boeing 747-8I Inside Data”. >talkairlines. >talkairlines. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- “Air China begins 2-class 777 service from Dec 2016”. routesonline.com. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- 2016, UBM (UK) Ltd. “Air China Recordsdata Preliminary Boeing 787-9 Operational Routes in S16”. Retrieved Eight September 2016.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors record (hyperlink)
- “Air China orders 35 domestically-built ARJ21s”. flightglobal.com. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- “PhoenixMiles”. Retrieved Eight September 2016.
- Accident description for B-2448 on the Aviation Security Community. Retrieved on 25 August 2014.
- “Hijacking description”. Aviation Security Community. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- The Evil Queen (15 April 2002). “Chinese language jet hits foggy mountain – World Information”. TVNZ. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- “ASN Plane accident Boeing 767-2J6ER B-2552 Pusan-Kimhae Airport (PUS)”. Aviation-safety.internet. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- “Breaking: Air China Airbus A330 Suffers Enormous Fireplace In Beijing”. Easy Flying. 27 August 2019. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- “Flight in China diverted after man discovered lifeless in plane bathroom | The Star”. www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- “Chinese language airline sparks row with ‘racist’ journey information to London”. The Impartial. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- “Air China Below Fireplace For ‘Racist’ Warning On London Minority Areas”. Retrieved Eight September 2016.
- “Sadiq Khan has condemned Air China’s ‘racist’ London tour information”. The Impartial. 11 September 2016. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- “Air China journal apologises for London race slur – BBC Information”. Retrieved Eight September 2016.
- Wong, Edward (7 September 2016). “Air China Will Fly You to London, and Warn You About Darkish-Skinned Folks There”. The New York Occasions. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Journey tip to London from Air China accused of racism, retrieved 13 January 2020
Media associated to Air China at Wikimedia Commons