Jeju Island is a small island with a hotter local weather than the mainland, and delightful surroundings. White sandy seashores washed by turquoise sea encompass the shoreline. Waterfalls splash into rivers and even into the ocean at one level, whereas the central space has mountains with Mt Halla the centrepiece. Well-known for its distinctive community of lava tubes, Jeju is a UNESCO World Heritage Web site. One other label typically used describes the island as “the Hawaii of Korea.”
Dolhareubang – Grandfather stones are the image of Jeju and seen all over the place across the island. Carved out of lava rock round 1754… there are 45 of the originals left.
Regionally spelt Cheju Island attracts many vacationers…. and I’d be shocked if there are various locations that might compete for the variety of theme parks inside such a small space! Many are household parks….whereas others are positively in keeping with the grownup honeymoon theme and are intercourse parks that includes graphic monuments in vibrant mosaics, statuary and academic museums.
Most of the actions are for these eager on the outside… strolling, mountaineering, watersports – swimming, snorkelling, wind browsing and diving. Jeju Island is South Korea’s foremost dive centre… attracting many worldwide divers.
7 “Should Do” Actions On Jeju Island
1) Go to a Waterfall – It’s stunning to seek out a number of beautiful waterfalls proper within the metropolis of Soegwipo. I’ll counsel you need to attempt to go to multiple however Jeongbang Waterfall – is exclusive in that it’s proper on the coast. This 23 metre waterfall not removed from the town centre is a pleasing, picturesque stroll down via a nicely fashioned cliff path, taking you to the foot of the Falls.
2) Go to a Seashore – though they’ve a brief 6 week official season when lifeguards are on obligation….strolling these seashores is pleasant any time of yr.
Jungman Seashore – That is the primary vacationer space about 2 kilometres from Seogwipo, with a number of massive motels, many with beautiful views over the seaside and sea. The seaside is a beautiful stretch of white sand, with gazebos for shelter. Apparently this seaside has been featured in lots of films. There’s additionally parasailing, rafting and waterskiing.
3) Expertise one of many many stunning coastal spots or waterholes – not seashores however beautiful for swimming in cool crystal clear water.
Oedolgae (Means-doll-gay) – This was a fully beautiful spot, down a coastal cliff path to an space of rocks, swimming pools and sea……and superb for snorkelling. Oedalgae is the identify of a 20m excessive rock formation with small pines rising on prime named from a Korean Legend. There’s a seaside on the coast line with a number of caves the place the locals sheltered in the course of the conflict. A big carpark is positioned throughout the street to the observe.
4) Hike up one of many mountains – The final word is Mt Halla however for vacationers a few of the smaller mountains are nonetheless a superb work out with beautiful views.
Seongsan Llchulbong – A hike up Seongsan Llchulbong is nicely price whereas with views of the crater, the encompassing shoreline and islands. Uncommon as a result of it was created by an underwater explosion, it has a nicely fashioned path. Koreans are nice hikers so you possibly can be a part of the numerous Korean households and take your time. It’s a climb for these with an inexpensive degree of health, though if you happen to take it slowly there are many resting locations to absorb the views, take images and benefit from the expertise. It’s a standard spot for watching both the dawn or sundown.
5) Go to a Korean Temple – There are a number of temples on Jeju. Every with distinctive options.
Yakcheonsa Temple – Yakcheonsa is the second largest temple advanced on the island. Its measurement and delightful, vibrant structure of distinctive art work makes it one in every of Southern Jeju’s most awe inspiring sights. It options an infinite bell which they ring out for prayers, a big golden goddess… whereas the monks may be seen going about their day by day chores. Located overlooking the coast….it has magnificent views.
6) Go to a Theme Park – There’s such a range to select from whether or not your group is adults or a household….you might be certain to seek out one or two that you simply may need to go to.
Hallim Park – It is a good place for these with restricted time. With eight completely different themes featured……there are a number of backyard areas…. lava caves, and a people village park, providing you with a superb cross part of South Korean tradition and pure sights on Jeju.
- Palm Tree Avenue
- JejuStone and Bonsai Backyard
- Jae-Am Folks Village
- Chicken Backyard
- Water Backyard
- Subtropical Botanic Backyard
- Jae-Am Stone Exhibit Corridor
- Hyeopjae& Ssangyong Caves – Hyeopjae is one in every of a number of caves positioned in Hallim Park.
You’ll be able to simply spend a day, having fun with a standard Korean meal within the Restaurant within the Folks Village.
7) Go down a Jeju Island Lava Tube – There are greater than 120 lava tubes are scattered all through the island. A number of are open to the general public.
Hyeopjae (designated Pure Monument #236) and Ssangyong are accessed from Hallim Park. Manjang gul Caves – are maybe probably the most visited on Jeju Island. With two ranges it options lava columns and attention-grabbing formations. 1 kilometre is open to the general public.
Attending to Jeju Island
To get to Jeju Island you both take a ship from mainland South Korea…Busan has boats departing day by day or fly to Jeju Metropolis. Seogwipo on the southern coast is the primary vacationer resort space….and the most effective place to base your self. That is the place most worldwide conventions are held in Korea….and the place the Soccer World Cup was held.